• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Before the miners, how was the 1070's priced?

Soldato

This still makes me laugh every time I watch it.

The bit about those who then upgraded from the 970 to a 980 says everything about the state of consumer psychology.

Nvidia essentially say bend over and take it, then a queue of people form shouting "me, me!"

Soldato
Saw deals on things like the RX 480 devil for $200, now they are wayyyy over $400 for the same ******* thing. Nuts.

If the companies are selling them... then were is the supply? AMD should be rolling in cash if the 'craze' is that high.

Associate
Certainly if this is similar to the last hike ( 2013 ) then it isn't the chip manufacturers making the money, it's the card manufacturers ~ Asus, Gigabyte and so on.

Soldato
so, one year later, we're back to the same conclusion. Buy whatever you need, whenever you see a deal you like, don't wait, as it's pointless. Does that just about sum it all up?
Pretty much, I prefer to get in when the product is released to get the most out of the lifespan of the product however sometimes that is regrettable because of early adopter issues.

Associate
I had originally been looking at the zotac 1070 amp extreme which was at £369 at the start of June, about 2 weeks after that it had jumped to £465 so almost £100 jump in about 2 weeks. When the price hit mid £400's i decided 1080 was a better option but now looking at 1080ti and waiting for Vega to see if it drops the price on them enough.

Soldato
Saw deals on things like the RX 480 devil for $200, now they are wayyyy over $400 for the same ******* thing. Nuts.

If the companies are selling them... then were is the supply? AMD should be rolling in cash if the 'craze' is that high.

Yea, I could actually sell my XFX 480 GTR XXX for far more than I bought it for a year ago lol. Cost me "only" £250 back then.

Only problem is any upgrade is out of stock with just as silly prices. So I'm just going to keep it until the fad comes to an end.

Back
Top Bottom