Being headhunted, feeling dispirited at work, but at the centre of a brand new project…need advice

Soldato
OP
I have read all of this with interest, the advice is sound and giving good perspectives, all you can do is be true to yourself and make these coming decisions based on what feels right, you are not asking for more than you are worth or deserve.

Morning, thanks for your input. Not sure what the outcome will be yet, but I hope I make the right decision either way!

Permabanned
Just to update on my side.

Current place wanted to counter but played silly buggers which I wasn't keen on, so I decided my resignation was final. Starting the new place in a few months.

Caporegime
Update: had the interview on Monday. It went well, but they want me for the job which would involve me being the product manager for my most hated competitor, which I simply won't do. They have another opening, but I don't know whether they want me for that. I get the feeling that they have some more qualified candidates, so watch this space I guess!

We moved house on Thursday, so that's taken up most of my mental space, and finally seeing my family again, which has been lovely.

Why not? Also, did you tell them that?

I mean it isn't your competitor surely - it is a competitor to your current company, right? And if you leave you're not moving to a competitor per se but moving to another company where a competitor to your old company is a client? I don't see the issue there?

Soldato
OP
Why not? Also, did you tell them that?

I mean it isn't your competitor surely - it is a competitor to your current company, right? And if you leave you're not moving to a competitor per se but moving to another company where a competitor to your old company is a client? I don't see the issue there?

I take my work quite personally. I’m heavily invested in it and I believe the way we do ventilation is the right way to do it. This competitor I feel undermines the way in which the country should be ventilating schools. For me it would be like a vegan working in a butchers.

Also, we’d have the same customer base. All the customers I’d gone into saying that that way of ventilating was ****, I would now have to go in and say it’s the best thing since sliced bread. That doesn’t work for me.

Back
Top Bottom