Beko tumble dryer just out of warranty SOGA

Man of Honour
Good luck.. I struggles to get a refund on an 11 month year old drier which in that time had 3 callouts.. It took some spamming of the Hotpoint Facebook page to get it sorted. I got a full refund in the end.

The reason for refusing? because each time it was fixed. I lost confidence in the machine.. I thought 3 times was enough and warranted a refund.

[Moved to H&G]

Associate
OP
Just an update on this

Had an email this morning from AO stating the engineer report I sent them didn't include costs or state that it was an inherent fault. This wasn't requested originally

I rang the local repairer who kindly sent an amended report with the cost to fix it and also add that the failed pcb wasn't caused by the user. The cost to repair was more than the machine.

In the end got a deduction refund based on 13 months ownership of the 6 years expected life cycle. also I got £15 back towards the cost of the engineer report.

Good result just a little annoying with being passed around at first. It's funny how they change tactics when you start using consumer law.

I wasn't sure about the inherent bit myself. when it comes to something faulty apparently inherent is irrelevant if it's in the expected life cycle as it doesn't meet the quality expected.

This should help anyone if you face a similar situation

Soldato
if it were an inherent(thus, known) fault, and caused premature failure within an reasonable lifespan, that would be categorised as a design fault,
so should justify them repairing for free, or a refund on the purchase price minus something for usage you had.

Soldato
/\/\ I worked for a small chain electrical retailer many years ago & the bosses attitude was 'we've got the customers money, we gave them the opportunity to buy an extended warranty/insurance at point of sale & we give them another chance to buy said insurance almost 12 months after purchase, if they dont take that up & the item breaks down just after that then thats just tough! (That rarely happened) If the customer doesn't like it then take us to the small claims court' which if they did the bosses would win in almost all the court cases (But that was before the law changed)
We even had to stamp the customers receipt to say that they didnt want want to buy the insurance at the time of sale to avoid repercussions. Needless to say said electrical retailer is no longer trading. :p

Back
Top Bottom