1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Believe in God?....

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Castiel, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DampDog

Wise Guy

Have you even contemplated for one second that you are the one misquoting the scriptures??

How do you know that yours and yours alone is without doubt the true meaning of the words? Many theologians have spent their entire life studying the Bible and many other religious tomes, historical documents and books. Yet have beliefs vastly different to yours? Yet they have dedicated their lives to it.

There are many religions that claim with absolute certainty that their particular belief is without doubt THE true word of God. How do you know that you are correct and everyone else is wrong? How do you know 100% that the beliefs you hold are correct?

How do you know 100% that when I say there is no God, I'm wrong? I'm not deigning him, in my world he simply doesn't exits.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

Not if i warn people out of love to their souls about the danger they are in just like the Lord did, and the Apostles and those who are truly born again since the cross did.

They all preached and were hated,rejected and despised for it and where of course falsely accused by some of those they preached to which no doubt where like certain people of today which say you are being so unloving for preaching to people you should keep the Gospel to yourself and do not bother people, keep it too yourself.

I cannot imagine the Lord, Apostles etc taking heed to those who were lost themselves but faithfully warned the people not caring about being highly esteemed among men but caring more for peoples souls.

3. DampDog

Wise Guy

So you're saying you could be wrong, however so long as you do it because you love them (their souls) that makes it OK?

4. Castiel

Capo Crimine

This is your problem...you are judging and yet denying it..you don't even realise you are doing it...you accuse and in your arrogance state that everyone else is wrong and that your way is the only true way, when you have consistently demonstrated you do not even know which way you are going yourself.

If what you say about the Bible, being the literal and unadulterated Word of God is true, how can a simple man twist such powerful Words, surely the Words speak for themselves and the Truth of them is self evident..if but one man thinks that you are misquoting and misunderstanding the Word in order to aggrandise and set yourself above others, surely that requires some consideration...To merely state unsubstantiated accusation and say this is The Word of God is to supplant God himself...Who gave you that authority to judge whether the way I or others keep the Word is the correct way or not...you say you are not judging others, yet your actions speak truer than your words.

You do not even understand the context in which the scripture is put to you, how can you be so authoritative on whether it is being corrupted or not?

I say again, you are discovered and condemned by the very words on which you condemn others, your Faith is false and it will be you that is judged when such a time comes.

5. koolpc

Capodecina

Posted for the truth!

6. Castiel

Capo Crimine

You seek to be The Prophet?

Your own words condemn you. Jeremiah 23:16

7. Glaucus

Man of Honour

Lol your whole argument seems to revolve around people hate you therefore it must be the right path. Yet many religious groups claim they are right, and are also hated.

8. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

No i am saying the Word of God is not wrong. And when a person actually believes it/takes heed to it and is bought to repentance and saving faith in Christ and is born again they will not misuse scripture as God places a love in their soul which will tell those that are lost the need of God's salvation through the Gospel and warn them of the eternal danger they are in which is entirely in line with scripture and what the Lord, Apostles and those who were born again since the cross taught and preached.

Someone once said who was entirely correct and in line with what the scriptures teach concerning salvation.

“Have you no wish for others to be saved? Then you're not saved yourself, be sure of that!”

9. Flukester

Man of Honour

10. DampDog

Wise Guy

That's not what I asked, you've dodged the question again. How do you know with absolute certainty that your interpretation and beliefs are correct?? Millions if not billions of people follow Christianity, how do you know without question you are right and not them? They all say that they Love God with all their heart, why is their love any less worthy than yours??

11. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

Lol. No i don't seek to be a prophet but i do preach the Gospel and warn people of danger in love to their soul just like the Lord, Apostles, all those who are born again do.

You see Jeremiah does not talk about men like me it talks about men like you. Hardly surprising when you don't actually believe the scriptures you misuse and abuse to your own condemnation.

12. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

Because the Gospel that i preach is exactly the same one the Lord, Apostles and all other born again believers preach and warn others in love to their souls of the eternal danger they are in. I leave others to interpret, misuse and abuse scripture . I just plainly teach what the Word of God says when compared scripture with scripture and not leaving out the parts on the most vital thing. The salvation of a persons soul and the eternal judgement that abides on their heads at this moment which will soon fall upon them and their need of God's salvation to escape from that judgement.

13. d_brennen

Capodecina

So "I don know" is the answer

14. DampDog

Wise Guy

Do you not see that's the exact opposite of what you actually do? You don't put the scriptures into context, you simply choose to quote the words that suit your belief. My oldest friend had a phrase for people like you. You know the price of everything but the value of nothing.

15. NeilFawcett

Capodecina

Afraid not:-
    - I've never seen a single dot of evidence for a God.
    - Futhermore, I find the suggestion the life we're living is a supernatural test of our souls as utterly preposterous.

Every fibre of my being tells me a God does not exist. Every logical thought cannot see how such a being would make us toil and trouble though such a meaningless test, only to adore him.

If what you say is true, Heaven is full of yellow bellied spineless 'robots' who cowered in fear at threats, without a shred of evidence to back it up. Whereas Hell is full of far more rational level headed people with a healthy skeptism and self respect who followed through with what they really believed.

One place sound far more enticing that the other frankly. Especially as you have to spend eternity talking to them...

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  16. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Yet your message is one of judgement and condemnation of their souls unless they follow your example...this is not preaching the message, this is proselyting the message to exalt yourself in the eyes of others.

I am not prophesying judgement and damnation on others eternal souls unless they conform to my ideology...this is what you are doing, Jeremiah was exactly speaking about Men like you. The evidence that is what you are doing is in the very statement you have just made.

17. Glaucus

Man of Honour

As well as believes its the same scripture, even though the translation errors are well documented.

18. Stretch

Capodecina

Do accept that no one here is interested in or believes in what you preach?

19. M-150

Gangster

I'm not all that certain he really said much about what you think. My impression is that he speaks for what "your God" thinks, as gleaned from many of your own statements ......... thus, what your own interpretation of God thinks, ie "your God".

20. koolpc

Capodecina

But, you are interpreting scripture without knowledge! You are pulling things out literally without thought. Remember, Jesus spoke in parables!

It is dangerous to try and fathom out scripture by oneself unless you are truly inspired by God or have the knowledge by your side

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.