1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Believe in God?....

Discussion in 'Speaker's Corner' started by Castiel, Feb 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

No i am saying a person needs to be a person who will be bought to repentance and saving faith and be born again or else they will have no hope understanding something they don't really believe no matter how much they claim to study it.

Those who are born again study it alright but because they actually believe it fully and have been bought to repentance can understand the truth's it contains while the person that does not believe it with no repentance will will always come to a faulty understanding of it and speak against the fundamental truths it contains. They might mix a little truth of the scripture in among the lie they create by taking it out of context and not understanding who it is really talking to and quote the scripture they don't really believe to fool those who desire to be fooled but most certainly they will never tell others of the vital need to be saved or warn the people of their eternal danger or tell them of the necessity of repentance towards God and faith towards the Lord Jesus Christ to be saved and to escape from the eternal wrath which is soon to fall on many peoples heads.

Basically they will tell those who are lost what they want to hear not what they need to hear so they can be admired and highly esteemed among men.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2013
  2. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Wheats' and Kedge's ideas on Christianity are quite different, they share a Literal Biblical Creationism belief, but otherwise they appear to be at odds with each other in other areas of their spiritual belief. It could all be an elaborate trolling exercise though.

3. hola_adios

Wise Guy

So considering that the bible is one of the most edited books on the planet, and that there were many more gospels than the ones included, and these are historical FACTS ... which version of the bible is the right one?

4. M-150

Gangster

You haven't figured it out yet?

5. DampDog

Wise Guy

Or he's mad as a box of frogs.

Thing is, is he the face of religious fundamentalism? If you are so disconnected from reality where do you draw the line for what you would do in the name of your faith? Stand on a soapbox? Stand outside an abortion clinic? Put a bomb on a bus full of strangers?

When you aren't capable of rational argument without quoting a holy book who draws the line?

6. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

A person would only come to that conclusion if they did not really know how the Word of God in English came about and took their sources from Anti-God/Christ sources. If people were really truthful they would not believe the Word of God in the original hebrew or the greek anyway but some will not admit that.

7. M-150

Gangster

No.

You find a cause, scan the membership qualifications and ad lib in order to to seem less disconnected. Or, if you are clever, found a completely new one and claim yourself the messiah. Clever, he is not.

There is no line. It's a wave to ride until no one pays any more attention to you. So far he's doing very well for himself, wouldn't you say?

8. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

I would be more worried about those who believe in evolution doing that saying as certain ones on this forum like to make death threats no matter how they like to dress those threats up as only being jokes.

9. V-Spec

Mobster

That's how I see it.

So long as people are arguing he's able to preach, doesn't matter whether he's right or wrong, or how the argument stacks up - he's got his platform and he'll use it until he's banned.

He's been suspended twice, each time - just carries on where he left off.

10. d_brennen

Capodecina

Who made the death threat? Genuinely interested, quote?

11. RDM

Capodecina

As a matter of interest do you actually know how the Bible first came to be translated into English?

12. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Aside from the fallacy of argument, you are aware that the various texts that make up the Bible is written in more than Hebrew and Greek, particularly in the Old Testament...Aramaic being the most important one..being as Jesus Christ would have spoken Aramaic, you can see that even the majority of the original written word (as ascribed to Christ) would have been largely translated from Aramaic into Koine Greek before we begin, also given that many concepts, phrases and words have no Greek equivalent, when the Bible was latinised and then Anglicised many of those phrases were effectively interpreted by the translator according to his or their patrons biases, this is especially true in the KJV...as I explained earlier in the thread.

No he doesn't..I explained it to him, but he said that was a lie perpetrated by his so called anti-God conspiracy.

13. hola_adios

Wise Guy

That is not a conclusion obtained after a process of reasoning that is a fact ... must learn to differentiate between the two, so factually it is impossible that you have managed to read anything close the real version of the bible.

Edit. Thanks Castiel, quoted for emphasis.

14. DampDog

Wise Guy

What's more worrying is that an obviously sarcastic remark was tauted as a death threat for effect. While i didn't think it was in the best taste, I saw it for what it was. Plus its a bit rich, in the face of condemning the majority of posters to eternal hell without batting an eyelid, because they dont see the world your way. Your morality needs to be questioned if you are quite happy to throw millions into the pit because you deem them not worthy.

15. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

If the people that there is no hope of responding and obeying the Gospel actually did ignore me it would be great but they would not want that as there would be the danger of other people finding out the truth. Now as it is people have to wade through the tares before they can get to the wheat.

That's why certain people could do very little posting on this thread and as soon as i come on then comes the attacks against the truth of the Word of God. They just don't like that truth being told to others and want to blind them to it and they will fool those who desire to be fooled of course.

16. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

Yes you cannot see the difference between a death threat for someones ill and warning people out of love to their souls of the danger they are in and i suppose i can understand why you come out with that statement not understanding the difference.

17. Castiel

Capo Crimine

I think enough is enough, wheats clearly has his own agenda, none of us agree with his singular and judgemental ideology, so I see no point in indulging his nonsense any further. It has derailed the thread enough already.

18. wheat7777777

PermaBanned

Well yes you can continue to believe the Anti-God/Christ sources Castiel takes his information from but others who actually know how God's Word was translated into English can see the error in his faulty reasoning.

Those who don't really believe scriptures will make up untruth's and not see that the Word of God in English contains exactly the same truth's as the Word of God in the original languages.

It is as much the infallible Word of God in English as it was when originally wrote but what it really boils down to is unbelief no matter what language God's Word is in and the same old story of "Did God say?"

19. Stretch

Capodecina

agreed

20. Castiel

Capo Crimine

Much of those sources you call Anti-God and Anti-Christ are in fact the original manuscripts and their antecedents themselves....are you actually suggesting that the very scriptures themselves are anti-God?.

Now, perhaps you might like to take your particular message and prolysitise it elsewhere so that the thread can continue in a more ecumenical manner, or perhaps you can begin your own thread and knock yourself out with that instead....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.