Benefits of a loop filter ?

Soldato
Imo yes.

My loop needs refreshing as there is so much crud stuck in the CPu and GPU block... Just CBA to do it until Vega comesm out

Soldato
No idea mate. I haven't really seen them myself. The idea of them is good though and so is something I will be looking for when I redo my loop

Soldato
Thanks , just had a quick look, gonna buy a few of those.

You don't need a few, just one, in front of your drain valve it'll be fine.

note the direction of the mesh, if you place it right all the debris it filtered will be drained out instead of trapped in the loop when you drain the fluid.

Also, don't put more than 1 in a loop, the finer the mesh the more resistance it pose to the pump.

Man of Honour
Most of my loop is external to the case so I have one of these fitted (I only paid £6.99 for it last year). I needed a male and a female 3/4" to G1/4" adaptors so I could fit standard water cooling fittings to it which I got from a online plumbing retailer. It filters very fine stuff but because the actual filter is quite large and long it doesn't restrict flow at all. You couldn't use one in a case though unless you had a large secondary compartment to hide it away.

Don
Phobya do filters with an expanded body that won't have a significant impact on flow. Personally I'm not convinced there is a benefit to it if you've flushed your loop when putting it together but it won't do any harm having it in there.

Soldato
An inline filter is always good if you don't open up your loop to make changes often because if crap doe build up in the system it takes longer for things to clog over time. Having said that modern CPU blocks and some GPU blocks use jet plates these days which means they filter the coolant and attract the crap (this make a filter more important as clogged jets will raise temps).

Does anyone know who makes the filters that kind of look like a mini turbo?
I think you mean flow rate sensors?

Soldato
An inline filter is always good if you don't open up your loop to make changes often because if crap doe build up in the system it takes longer for things to clog over time. Having said that modern CPU blocks and some GPU blocks use jet plates these days which means they filter the coolant and attract the crap (this make a filter more important as clogged jets will raise temps).

I think you mean flow rate sensors?

My blocks are full of crud :( i dant want to strip it down.. thats a 5+ hour job!

Associate
Phobya do filters with an expanded body that won't have a significant impact on flow. Personally I'm not convinced there is a benefit to it if you've flushed your loop when putting it together but it won't do any harm having it in there.
Whats the full name of this? done some searching but couldn't find anything I considered expanded size for less flow resistance..
Thank you for any help!

Associate
Barrow one work fine :) but do not add in direct line of flow, add a t-line in. If in direct line of flow and they do fill up they will cause back pressure. only ever seen it happen once in 20+ years of cooling but it was enough to put me off some of the cheaper ones. The koolance ones are brill.

Back
Top Bottom