** BENQ BL3200PT 32" 2560x1440 AMVA MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE!! **

Soldato
@PCM2: how's the review coming along? i'm debating whether i should pick another another one up and hope that the light bands are not as prominent or are not there at all, or wait for your review. :)

not too keen on the panel lottery....

In a word; slowly. I'm in the process of moving house so don't have very much time to review monitors at the moment. Which tears me up inside. :p

I am not sure if I have really spotted this banding issue on my unit yet. I can sort of see a few marginally darker bands if I look at the monitor from an angle (even on this medium-dark blue OcUK background whilst posting this). And if I go on Paint as you suggested and fill the screen with grey then move the window around I can see perhaps the faintest bands in places.

Having not seen a 'bad sample' myself I can't really compare this but from what I've seen on this unit there isn't really an issue with the bands on it. I haven't played any games yet though, they might pop out more then. But it seems there is something of a fun panel lottery going on. I can completely understand your dilemma. This monitor has a heck of a lot going for it from what I've seen already just on the desktop. It's one of the nicest VA panels I've seen for image quality and it is just like a massive 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor with extra pixels and space in the right proportion.

Soldato
In a word; slowly. I'm in the process of moving house so don't have very much time to review monitors at the moment. Which tears me up inside. :p

I am not sure if I have really spotted this banding issue on my unit yet. I can sort of see a few marginally darker bands if I look at the monitor from an angle (even on this medium-dark blue OcUK background whilst posting this). And if I go on Paint as you suggested and fill the screen with grey then move the window around I can see perhaps the faintest bands in places.

Having not seen a 'bad sample' myself I can't really compare this but from what I've seen on this unit there isn't really an issue with the bands on it. I haven't played any games yet though, they might pop out more then. But it seems there is something of a fun panel lottery going on. I can completely understand your dilemma. This monitor has a heck of a lot going for it from what I've seen already just on the desktop. It's one of the nicest VA panels I've seen for image quality and it is just like a massive 24" 1920 x 1080 monitor with extra pixels and space in the right proportion.

I'm looking forward to reading your review and the thoughts of others who've bought this. I feel it maybe too big for my desk, but its between this and the Asus PB278Q 27".

Associate
so i caved in and got a second unit. preliminary findings:

the band is still there, but this time it's a darker one and barely visible, so it didn't bother me that much. will update later in the evening when the room is completely dark.

Soldato
so i caved in and got a second unit. preliminary findings:

the band is still there, but this time it's a darker one and barely visible, so it didn't bother me that much. will update later in the evening when the room is completely dark.

Ah that's good to hear! Fingers crossed it remains undistracting at night.

Soldato
Tested my 32" TV on my desk, really hoping to justify the purchse but I'm not really sure this would be suitable :(

2s7dhrt.jpg

I think it would be too big which is a real shame - its a beautiful monitor!!

Associate
i think this one may be a keeper, will test thoroughly first though :p

some sexy Nicole on the wall (next to a 24" DELL U2412M)
dD5jJ5U.jpg

here's a link to a short vid of the band i shot with my phone. you can see it in approx 1/4 of the screen when you look at the left side. it's nothing major though....compared to the first unit i had, it's really not that distracting.

it's very feint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6wiN7vSqqA

Associate
what was seen, cannot be unseen: PCM2, please tell me i'm being paranoid, because i am starting to question my rationale.

do you see it?
I5sKSI7.jpg

Soldato
I do see it. And I think it probably is a 'usual' uniformity issue on these monitors. Perhaps knowing that and the fact your unit is better in that regard than your last you could just try to forget about it and enjoy the monitor? :p

Soldato
Would anyone here happen to have moved from an NEC 24WMGX3 and be able compare the image quality ? I love my NEC, but its feeling a little small now and I'm wanting more screen real estate - but not at such a stupid resolution that I'll need glasses (which rules out 4K). The BenQ looks like it would be a similar ratio scaled up and uses the same panel technology so is a strong contender for me.

Associate
Really want to get this monitor. But I am worried if it is too big. I have the space but still.

Can people post more photos please? Also will the 1440 look much sharper on 27 than 32?

Soldato
Rather close to buying this, to people who have this. What is the display lag like for games?

Comparable to most other 2560 x 1440 monitors. It has a signal delay of around 15-20ms which many will find just fine. Those who have a problem with such a signal delay generally have a problem with 60Hz LCDs in general.

Really want to get this monitor. But I am worried if it is too big. I have the space but still.

Can people post more photos please? Also will the 1440 look much sharper on 27 than 32?

Photos really don't do the size of the screen any justice. I'd recommend getting creative with a piece of cardboard that's 33.5" diagonally (screen size diagonally including bezel) and placing it on your desk to help visualise. I know that sounds barmy but it gives you a much better indication than photographs do.

The pixel pitch is the same as a 24" Full HD monitor, so yes 1440p looks significantly sharper on a 27" monitor.

Last edited:
Soldato
After reading of the problems with the LG 34UM95 warranty/support and my own experience with 4K signal loss. This monitor would be the best one to get IMHO.

Associate
Shame to see it's now found it's way out of stock as I was to close to going for this. I'll wait and see but as long as it doesn't creep up from £450 I'll likely go for it.

Associate
so much for the benq, 2nd unit is going bye bye too.....i was on the verge of keeping it, when this happened :X

was just browsing a forum, and all of the sudden....
LCOnC9w.jpg

Associate
Damn you did not have any luck with these. I'm tempted to order one once they are back in stock - did you ever find someone who hasn't got the black vertical lines? I followed the thread on hardforum as well!

Back
Top Bottom