** BENQ BL3200PT 32" 2560x1440 AMVA MONITOR NOW AVAILABLE!! **

Associate
@Gibbo,

I see on your site that the monitors are back in on 4th July.... is this a guesstimate or a reality guaranteed... I just replaced a great monitor I had from you 8 months ago or less, the Samsung S27B971D with a LG 21:9 2560x1080 as the pixels were just too dense for my failing eyesight (fantastic picture though) and the LG is going back to the other company (OCUK didn't have stock of the LG '65-P last week) as I have orange glow on over half the screen (3 corners and to the middle on bottom left)... it#s awful....

So I'm in the market for this 32" beast as the pixel density will do just dandy.... despite someone here having a problem... I take it the problem is a one off?

Let me know mate.
Paul

Associate
Looks fairly consistent across various sites that the monitors will be coming back into stock at the end of this week, fingers crossed we're looking at then unless there are any delays. I'm looking forward to picking one up, seems like a good bang for buck monitor with plenty going for it - the banding issue is a slight concern though.

There's also a Samsung version (using the same panel) that's out in Korea now (S32D850T), might take some time to reach Europe though.

OcUK Staff
OP
Hi there

It is always an estimate, suppliers are not giving any firm dates so I have moved it back to the 11th of July until I get further updates.

Associate
seconded, very nice review. i take it there were no "bands" on your unit?

i have returned the second one due to a full vertical pixel row going bad and got a 27" eizo instead and i have to say that the eizo is way better than anything i have seen so far. it's expensive, but i can see why :)

Soldato
seconded, very nice review. i take it there were no "bands" on your unit?

Thankfully not. Perhaps some very faint bands but not something I really noticed or felt it was worth commenting on. Sounds like you've had some rotten luck with your BenQs, but glad you're happy with the EIZO (the glow-free PLS EV2736W I assume?)

Associate
yep, the grey version of EV2736W. it's pretty much perfect, save for a little BLB in the top middle (only noticeable on full black screen at night and in some very dark movie scenes at night). pretty happy with that one. the sharpness of it is unparalleled, compared to both the benq and the u2713hm. can't put my finger on why, i assume it's the AG coating.

sorry for the derail. :p

Associate
The image quality for PS4 is fantastic, I use the smart scaling feature to fine tune the interpolation and it is by far the best I've seen on a monitor (inc. 34UM95). Setting the hdmi to 1:1 with smart scale 75 is the best for 1080p scaling, this gives a 1350p image which is almost full screen but gives a nice 1 : 1.25 pixel upscale.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just got mine, had to order direct from BenQ as Overclockers had just gone out of stock (same price).

Fantastic monitor from my short experience so far, but coming from 24" 1080p monitors it's going to take some getting used to the size, particularly in games (played some Wolfenstein, looked amazing). For desktop applications it's excellent and I can see the benefits of doing work on it already.

The benefit if no backlight bleed is great, and I've had photoshop open, cycling through colours fullscreen, but I can't seem to see the bands other people have, though they exist on some sets from photos I've seen - I think I got lucky in that respect. Maybe with more time I will notice something but I can't see it bothering me.

The stand is the best I've ever had on a monitor, you'll be able adjust height, tilt to your exact preference, just make sure you have a long enough DP cable because the one in the box is 0.75m.

My only complaint was when playing Wolfenstein and testing with some 1440p video content there was a fair bit of gamma shifting going on, causing the black crush effect where details are lost in dark areas, it was more noticeable in fast scenes where it would come and go quickly. It's a general issue with VA screens but I've read that once calibrated you can minimize it's effect - which I'll get around to doing soon.

Soldato
Torn between getting either this one or the LG34UM95 monitor, reviews for this seem to be really positive.
If I was to get a monitor right now the BENQ would be the one the LG suffers from tons of issues plus game compatibility for that aspect ratio is still lacklustre.

Associate
I think I won the panel lottery! No dead pixels (so far) and grey vertical screen banding is very very slight. I can only see if if I take a picture of a grey screen. I Don't notice it when staring at the panel or playing games. This thing is huge though, it dwarfs my Benq 2420t.

In terms of gaming use, coming from a 120Hz, I dont find it suitable for fast paced games. I really notice the screen tearing at 60Hz and things don't feel as smooth as the 120Hz monitor. It is however great for adventure games and console use. Plugged my Wii U into it and it looks great. So for fps games I use my 2420t and for everything else I'll be using my BL3200PT.

If they made a 120Hz+ version of this monitor with the same panel (non TN) I would buy it in a heart beat.

It replaced a Dell 2407WFP and input lag is significantly reduced.

I'm glad I bought it, took me ages to take the plunge. Really enjoying be able to sit on a couch and play Mario Cart and watching movies.

It was between this and the new 32inch Samsung, went for this as it has a VGA input (I have an old 360) and the black bezel.

Fingers crossed for no random line suddenly appearing on the screen!

:D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom