BenQ FP202W 8ms 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor

Seirrah

S

Seirrah

For a 20inch widescreen ?

Well there is the Belinea , which is a nice MVA panel, but it has _some_ backlight issues. (There is a big thread on it).

There are a couple of Viewsonic screens coming out soonish. (VA2022W , and VX2025w ? )

There is a Philips 20 inch screen (200w6cs), but there seems to be an updated version coming out soon....or out now. There is a recent (comedy) thread about it in the forum.

umm....

There are the Dell screens, but they might have just got a fair bit more expensive.

There are probably some Acer screens too, but they're not for me so I know little about em.

To be honest I think there are a fair few people just chilling out for a bit in order to get a good 20inch widescreen, as more should appear soon.
If you could wait a couple month or so then I think you might be able to make a better purchase than if you go out and buy a screen right now.
But that's only my opinion.

edit : I was rushing when writing this, sorry for the lack of info

Last edited by a moderator:

cah

cah

Associate
are you sure it's a TN panel? looks like a premium MVA to me if they are quoting 16.7M colours versus 16.2 for TN. Then again, I think i do recall some scandal with a benq monitor that was announced as MVA but turned out to be TN?

If you could stretch that eizo widescreen is very impressive.

Man of Honour
BeHardware reported it first here

If you look at BenQ's specs the contrast ratio is indicative of a TN panel, being pretty low by modern standards of MVA / PVA panels. While viewing angles are quoted very high at 170 / 170 which is certainly an exageration, if it were a P-MVA panel they would probably quote more like 176 / 1766 or 178/178 even.

Back
Top Bottom