BenQ G2750 27" Widescreen LED Monitor or not?

Associate
Purchased BenQ G2750 27" Widescreen LED Monitor today at the OCUK shop , after looking at the box i realised that is states its LCD instead of the LED that was on the site, after looking at the rear of the monitor it clearly stated its LCD, so does any one know if you can get it changed for this kind of mistake as if i knew i would have gone for the AOC instead.

Soldato
Yea, it looks like it has been mislabled. The BenQ G2750 appears to be an CCFL backlit LCD panel monitor, instead of a LED backlit LCD monitor (like this one or the AOC).

If you contact OCUK and ask them I'm sure they will offer refund you or give you the AOC if you pay the difference.

Though please bear in mind that the edge-lit LED backlighting used in these LCD monitors isn't really superior in terms of image quality compared to CCFL backlighting - in fact CCFL monitors often are able to show a greater colour gamut compared to their "LED" companions. However, LED backlighting does offer the benefits of lower power consumption, quick turn-on times and the ability to make thinner monitors.

Associate
All monitors are LCD, it is just the backlight that differs. The 2 types are CCFL and LED. If you want to save a few watts an hour then get an LED lit LCD monitor. Many people still prefer the CCFL type. Also, don't forget that 'newer technology' usually has a higher price.

I should imagine you can just try it and if you don't like it take it back and tell them it is advertised as an LED screen which is what you wanted.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Sure kingy666 i was looking for a LED as they use less power, and when your on the pc for days, it could save a bit of electricity right? but yes it is advertised as wrongly buy law i do have rights to get it sorted. cheers for the advice.

Back
Top Bottom