BenQ XL2410 120Hz 3D LED official thread

Soldato
Having an issue with my BenQ.

After 3D gaming the monitor is stuck on '3D mode'

So watching stuff afterward the backlight bleeding is even more pronounced as the monitor is stuck on 100% brightness.

In normal use now I have it at 30%.

Any ideas why it stays on 3D mode? you can't even change it in the service menu...

@PCM2 yeh I am sorely tempted by the samsung but wonder if the panasonic panels would be the ones to go for?
Is there much in it between the two brands?

That does sound annoying about the 3D mode. As I haven't used it as a 3D monitor I'm not sure how this could be remedied.

Another plasma TV I was considering for my parents was the Panasonic TX-P46S20B. It seems to have gone up in price a load since I was looking at it but after comparing it extensively to the Samsung the 'Full HD' seemed to be the only real driving difference. Sound quality is supposed to be good from both, too. I think the actual panel image quality is just as good on Samsungs and despite the lower price and nicer (in my opinion) looks that was a stronger choice. In the end my parents decided they wanted to stick to their old 32" CRT. Nothing massively wrong with it to be honest it's just big and a bit old :p.

Soldato
I was also a CS 1.6 gamer that played in 800x600 to a pretty high level aswell, I just changed as things did...my example of TF2 Widescreen.

Anyhow, we won't start resolution battles ;)

Do we actually have anyone that has used some of the other 120hz models aswell as this BenQ model in higher screen resolutions?

Mike

Soldato
Yes, me. You people are wasting your braincells even contemplating the differences. I have used the Samsung 2233RZ, ASUS GD235HQ, BenQ XL2410T and Alienware AW2310. I would say that performance is subjectively very similar between them and most testing you could do would confirm this. The Samsung 2233RZ may have a very slender advantage due to the lower resolution, lower screen size (i.e. things being less obvious, perhaps) and Samsungs slightly superior overdrive algorithms. From the research I've done and feedback from others it seems that the ASUS is the best buy overall at the moment. Having said that you are unlikely to be disappointed with any of these screens if you're after excellent responsiveness and some pretty decent image quality. You could wait for Samsung's new generation to hit in the near future if you want a super styling looking monitor that is 23 or 27 inches and uses Samsung's excellent algorithms and panel tech.

Last edited:
Associate
the only one missing from the list is the Asus VG236HE 23" 120hz. Mine arrived this morning, so ill put some thoughts up after i've given it a try..

My Benq is still awaiting to be received by OCUK to confirm the fault i had..

Associate
Just received my BenQ XL2410T today. Upgraded from an older 1680 x 1050 res monitor but nonetheless I'm impressed. Although the default setting out the box is quite bright as has probably been mentioned before.

Associate
I have to say that 3d gaming is not for me, it's giving me a headache.

It's a pain to configure each game for 3d, also even with the glasses I'm oftern still seing double which isnt helping.

Associate
after giving the Asus a go, i have to say i find it a lot better than the BenQ mainly for the glossy screen which helps the colours and blacks/whites..

I think the anti glare on the Benq is too aggressive and affects the image quality...

Fortunate for me really that my Benq was faulty otherwise i would have never known the difference :p

Now i know why i was seeing a "cloudy" white when dragging my computer around the screen - it was the anti glare. None of that on this Asus though...

Associate
I really want one of these, annoying that they've been out of stock almost everywhere for a couple weeks now. My 3yr old samsung 20" decided to die xmas eve :( need a new monitor asap this *thing* I'm using now is just the suck :D
What's with the price though, they used to be a fair bit cheaper going back a month or 2, and it's not just here it's the same just about everywhere, suppliers bumping the price up because they can due to the supply/demand situation? I hope to see some really good deals when stock becomes available again :)

Soldato
PCM2 I eventually will go for the Samsung plasmas

the colours are more vibrant than the panasonics. black levels are however meant to be 'worse'

I agree they look nicer, way more bedroom friendly too than the opressive black of the vieras

I'm sure samsung will be a great tv:)

Associate
Is this the monitor to have then ? i have a benq 24" as my main monitor on my gaming pc which i want to move onto my work pc, want something thats going to be good for gaming and general use with a bit of future proofing!

I need to check that my old benq will connect to my work pc first though as its got an inbuilt graphics card that has a stange dvi connecter, it has the series of pins, then the long pin, but no pins either side of it

Associate
PCM2 I eventually will go for the Samsung plasmas

the colours are more vibrant than the panasonics. black levels are however meant to be 'worse'

I agree they look nicer, way more bedroom friendly too than the opressive black of the vieras

I'm sure samsung will be a great tv:)

the colours a just oversaturated.

when you look out of the windows does everyone and everything look ultra coloured and orangey? no. the Panasonic`s are natural in image ;)

Soldato
bah viera 37'' it is then

and yeh, opening and closing nvidia test goes back to standard mode cheers

the test is actually amazing lol!

Ok running my olds samsung 226bw next to the benq in dual monitor mode. the white looks awful in comparison:(

Does anyone have settings for the sammy to get the whites whiter? PCM2 anything up your sleeve?;)

Last edited:
Associate
hi all i can confirm my unit is broken. BLB is so bad here is the Video. and 3d mode Does stick as well,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qJvdUoo-5A

Unhappy. Wish i got it from OC. becouse i know it would be hassle free to send back. Out of stock. :(

WOW. Just got email from them. at Benq.. :( So Do i get new one in 1 week 1 month 1 year..? very sad... my 3008 got sorted next day with dell. New i should have gone alienware :(

To confirm we will replace your faulty product with a new replacement.

Unfortunately we do not currently have the stock of this to do so.

I will get a replacement ordered and be in contact as soon as I possibly can.

I am very sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards,

Last edited:
Associate
Is this the monitor to have then ? i have a benq 24" as my main monitor on my gaming pc which i want to move onto my work pc, want something thats going to be good for gaming and general use with a bit of future proofing!

I need to check that my old benq will connect to my work pc first though as its got an inbuilt graphics card that has a stange dvi connecter, it has the series of pins, then the long pin, but no pins either side of it

nope see my video.:(

Soldato
yeh the backlight bleeding isnt great on this thing for movies etc

for games i find its great and general desktop use

the 226bw at 60hz is soo juddery when moving windows from one screen into the other. its unbelievably 'un smooth'

Associate
Unhappy. Wish i got it from OC. becouse i know it would be hassle free to send back. Out of stock. :(

WOW. Just got email from them. at Benq.. :( So Do i get new one in 1 week 1 month 1 year..? very sad... my 3008 got sorted next day with dell. New i should have gone alienware :(

To confirm we will replace your faulty product with a new replacement.

Unfortunately we do not currently have the stock of this to do so.

I will get a replacement ordered and be in contact as soon as I possibly can.

I am very sorry for the delay.

Kind Regards,

I did buy mine from OCUK on 13/12/10 and they told me I had to contact Benq for a replacement and it was only 2 days old. I could have returned it under DSR but I like the monitor. As for my replacement, Im still waiting !!

Back
Top Bottom