BenQ XL2411T 24-Inch Full HD Gaming Monitor

Permabanned
B-brand for monitors BenQ has released yet another Full HD gaming monitor ‘XL2411T’ to its range. Supporting NVIDIA’s 3D Vision 2 technology, this new 24-inch LED-backlight TN monitor (120Hz panel) delivers 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution, 1000:1 contrast ratio (12,000,000:1 DCR), 350 cd/m2 brightness and 1ms GtG response time, and features D-Sub, DVI and HDMI connectors.

Unfortunately, there’s no word on pricing and release date yet.

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/benq_xl2411t_24_inch_full_hd_gaming_monitor.html

Associate
Hmm, weird that they'd release a model like that after releasing the 2420T. Maybe just an improved flaw free version of the 2410T? Probably cheaper aswell as the 2420T is a pretty penny.

Associate
Also they don't say if this will support 3D on the HDMI input socket :/

I need a new monitor but I also need 3D support on PlayStation, why can't these companies understand this, I don't want multiple TVs and monitors I just want one that can do all to save space, and what happen to the 2420TX? why didn't they release that here

Associate
yeah,prefer the stand design on the 2420T, very similair to my old benq fp241w. If im in the market for a replacement id be considering the 2420T
3.gif

Soldato
I'm currently reviewing this model. No questions will be answered here though until I've had a good test of it. Last time I ended up posting some impressions but changed my mind as I used it a bit more. Sorry for being human ;).

Soldato
I really wouldn't like to spoil the surprise (in other words - not really sure ;)) on the ETA. I think PixPerAn will be one of the last issues I tackle as my main system runs Windows 8 and it doesn't play nicely with PixPerAn or DirectDraw in general. I'll have to arrange for somebody else to test this aspect or get a dual boot with Windows 7 up and running. Annoyingly I have a laptop that would do the trick but it doesn't have the required DVI output, only DP which the monitor lacks!

BenQ seems to have done something with the AMA though as there is a 'Premium' mode and a 'High' mode as well as 'Off'. I wouldn't like to comment further on these at this stage though as I really haven't done enough testing on it. :)

nvc

nvc

Associate
I really wouldn't like to spoil the surprise (in other words - not really sure ;)) on the ETA. I think PixPerAn will be one of the last issues I tackle as my main system runs Windows 8 and it doesn't play nicely with PixPerAn or DirectDraw in general. I'll have to arrange for somebody else to test this aspect or get a dual boot with Windows 7 up and running. Annoyingly I have a laptop that would do the trick but it doesn't have the required DVI output, only DP which the monitor lacks!

BenQ seems to have done something with the AMA though as there is a 'Premium' mode and a 'High' mode as well as 'Off'. I wouldn't like to comment further on these at this stage though as I really haven't done enough testing on it. :)

Alright thanks, appreciate the additional effort to get some shots of PixPerAn if you manage it! That Premium, high and off setting sounds interesting also. Thanks for the update.

Soldato
arent the 2411t n 2420t identical? other than the stands + profile switch thiing on 2420t?

No. Different ports and electronics with some tweaks to the 11T. Quite possibly different panels as well - the 11T actually gives a bit more than it promises when it comes to refresh rate. ;)

Alright thanks, appreciate the additional effort to get some shots of PixPerAn if you manage it! That Premium, high and off setting sounds interesting also. Thanks for the update.

No problem. I am sure I will get PixPerAn sorted somehow. It is a very important part of the review in my opinion and something many people will be interested in, I'm sure.

Associate
but why does BenQ call it a 120hz monitor?

straight from their page

The XL2411T is a high-performance gaming monitor suited for FPS game play.

The 120Hz, 24”W, 3D-ready LED monitor gives gamers a competitive edge with features like the Black eQualizer, FPS Mode, Display Mode, Smart Scaling, 1ms GtG, and 12M:1 DCR.

Last edited:
Soldato
There are a number of possibilities. One is because people search for and increasingly understand the benefits of 120Hz specifically. The same reason devices using PLS panels are sometimes referred to as using 'IPS'. Also I know monitor specification and feature pages are far from perfect and things often get left out or incorrectly specified. I've already mentioned this to BenQ as it is a good additional selling point.

Associate
There are a number of possibilities. One is because people search for and increasingly understand the benefits of 120Hz specifically. The same reason devices using PLS panels are sometimes referred to as using 'IPS'. Also I know monitor specification and feature pages are far from perfect and things often get left out or incorrectly specified. I've already mentioned this to BenQ as it is a good additional selling point.

Can the XL2420T run in 144hz mode??

Back
Top Bottom