BenQ XL2411T 24-Inch Full HD Gaming Monitor

Soldato
Whats it like for getting the brightness down? Could you sit in front of this monitor editing something for like 3hrs or more at a time or are you blinded by the light so to say?
Movies ok on it?

I have the brightness set at 5 it's go's all the way up to 100, I can spend over 3 hours at a time with no blindness :D at the setting I have it at it's around the same as the Dell it replaced.

I even held onto the Dell after getting the monitor as I read all the horror stories, but this can all be sorted out out in a few minutes, if you need any settings let me know.

Last edited:
Associate
I Have received my XL2411T today after ordering only yesterday at the OcUK stand at Gadget Show Live. I've Only had an hours play on it.

It comes well packaged and looks like a good quality piece of kit.

I have used recommended setting taken from a review Adam Simmons of PCmonitors.info and all seems good. Compared to my dell the colours are more washed out and no where near as vibrant.

The monitor definitely needs some tweaking with the colours etc straight from the box.

But this is a gaming monitor and from what I have tried so far on CSGO it seems to tick all the boxes with regards to reduced blur etc.

For anyone looking into buying one of these to make their games look visually stunning I would say there are monitors out there that do this a lot better, but if you want to be be able to see and react better in FPS games then it is a cracking monitor.

Hope this helps future buyers.

Matt

Soldato
I Have received my XL2411T today after ordering only yesterday at the OcUK stand at Gadget Show Live. I've Only had an hours play on it.

It comes well packaged and looks like a good quality piece of kit.

I have used recommended setting taken from a review Adam Simmons of PCmonitors.info and all seems good. Compared to my dell the colours are more washed out and no where near as vibrant.

The monitor definitely needs some tweaking with the colours etc straight from the box.

But this is a gaming monitor and from what I have tried so far on CSGO it seems to tick all the boxes with regards to reduced blur etc.

For anyone looking into buying one of these to make their games look visually stunning I would say there are monitors out there that do this a lot better, but if you want to be be able to see and react better in FPS games then it is a cracking monitor.

Hope this helps future buyers.

Matt

Glad that the review gave you some inspiration for settings. This all sums up the monitor very nicely. It won't really satisfy a desire for rich, vibrant and 'popping' colours. But once 'tweaked' it offers a pretty decent colour performance and exceptional smoothness when gaming. It's certainly a 'game changer' if you're a big FPS lover especially. :)

Associate
my settings

Brightness 40
cont 50
sharp 5
gamma 3
colour temp normal

using this on gamer1 profile so greyed out boxes for some settings

using icc profile here

http://www.sendspace.com/file/q5l6vt

having to manually activate the profile each time windows starts but thats ok

if i missed out any settings lemme know

Associate
I have just set my monitor up and echo others views. It is so bright and washed out. My wife and son both screwed their faces up at it when sat besides my old Sammy 22. Both thought the Benq looks awful.

I tried the ICM linked above and although set it appears to change nothing?

I know nothing about screen calibration and my trial and error just makes a mess :(

trying to work out how to get some colour back into this screen.
I assume I can use one of the Gamer settings to make changes and save to it, I can then use that for desktop stuff.
The box comes with no info on this.

Soldato
Hello, not to open a new topic i browsed threw this forum, here,
I need new monitor i bought one Acer G246HLBBID, with a blind promise to be good for gaming, i was so wrong(horrible ghosting of objects in dark scenes), ahh i need to return it and i need something what i can rely on, so mostly i play FPS (BF3,CSGO) quite competitively, but i have only gtx 570 graphics, i will upgrade this when the bf4 will come to smthin powerful, but i need good monitor, is this going to sadify me ? this bad colors that have been mentioned here, thats compared to what ips panels or ? If i understand it well the colours on this benq are bad from the box but u can get it working with fiddling in settings yea ? i need this to be clear for me :)

Thanks

Associate
I have just set my monitor up and echo others views. It is so bright and washed out. My wife and son both screwed their faces up at it when sat besides my old Sammy 22. Both thought the Benq looks awful.

I tried the ICM linked above and although set it appears to change nothing?

I know nothing about screen calibration and my trial and error just makes a mess :(

trying to work out how to get some colour back into this screen.
I assume I can use one of the Gamer settings to make changes and save to it, I can then use that for desktop stuff.
The box comes with no info on this.

u might need to activate the icc profile like i do every time xp/w7 starts

try using this tool http://www.sendspace.com/file/yl42cj

and my settings hope it works out for u , click on ur icc profile in that prog

Associate
Hello, not to open a new topic i browsed threw this forum, here,
I need new monitor i bought one Acer G246HLBBID, with a blind promise to be good for gaming, i was so wrong(horrible ghosting of objects in dark scenes), ahh i need to return it and i need something what i can rely on, so mostly i play FPS (BF3,CSGO) quite competitively, but i have only gtx 570 graphics, i will upgrade this when the bf4 will come to smthin powerful, but i need good monitor, is this going to sadify me ? this bad colors that have been mentioned here, thats compared to what ips panels or ? If i understand it well the colours on this benq are bad from the box but u can get it working with fiddling in settings yea ? i need this to be clear for me :)

Thanks
colours are fine after you apply icc profile and fiddle with the settings , not everyones monitor will be the same so some settings ppl post might be hit and miss but its a good start , try my settings above or in past posts if u get stuck , its a good monitor , but if ur looking for IPS type colours in a TN panel i dono why anyone would even try compare , but the colours on this monitor is fine enough for me pritty good infact

Soldato
i dont really care that much about that colors, i rather have it responsive at games...thank you i will order one right now...

Soldato
Hello so, ive bought this beauty and its so smooth and clear, but few settings in gamer1 are grayed out i wanted to use braka's settings abut gamma is grayed, i also added the icc profile and its nice :)

Associate
what u do is set it in standard mode and then save it into gamer profile 1 if i remember correctly , glad it looks good on urs :)

Back
Top Bottom