BenQ XL2411T Faint Horizontal Lines Across The Screen

Soldato
I received my Benq XL2411T yesterday and have noticed very faint lines running horizontaly across the screen from the top all the way down to the bottom. Anybody any idea what is causing this & how to sort it out.

Thanks.

Soldato
I received my Benq XL2411T yesterday and have noticed very faint lines running horizontaly across the screen from the top all the way down to the bottom. Anybody any idea what is causing this & how to sort it out.

Thanks.

I would advise you try and different cable.
If that's the same, try a different graphics card or PC.

Then if you're still experiencing the same problem then RMA it with Overclockers (assuming that's where you purchased it from).

Soldato
Horizontal lines all the way from the top to the bottom?!

man-of-confusion-meme-generator-what-is-this-i-don-t-even-1c5da4.jpg

Haha... Anyway, yeah have you tried another cable? As you have already said it's with the cable supplied I think this might be the monitor issue. Display drivers all up to date etc?

Soldato
OP
What GPU are you using and do you observe the same at 120Hz rather than 144Hz?

Using a 7970 Matrix Platinum, happens at both 120 & 144hz.

When viewing the forum which is different shades of blue the lines will appear in a slightly lighter blue to the blue that is been displayed if that makes sense.

Last edited:
Soldato
I observed something similar when reviewing the monitor. I think it is some sort of bug with certain settings. In my case it went away after fiddling with a few things and it only affected the far left side of the monitor. Try disabling `Instant Mode`, turning the monitor off and on again. See if you still see this pattern. Enable instant mode again if you like.

Soldato
OP
I observed something similar when reviewing the monitor. I think it is some sort of bug with certain settings. In my case it went away after fiddling with a few things and it only affected the far left side of the monitor. Try disabling `Instant Mode`, turning the monitor off and on again. See if you still see this pattern. Enable instant mode again if you like.

Will give that a go, I can't seem to find "Instant Mode" :p

edit.....found it

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks.
It seems to be a trait of all BENQ XL2411T monitors, to varying extents, and worse during LightBoost mode. I only see it during LightBoost mode, and mainly in the upper-right area, but very faint and not noticeable at normal view distances, especially when playing games.

Back
Top Bottom