BenQ XL2420T Now available

Soldato
Does anyone know what the warranty says on these about the development of dead pixels? My documents.. if I still have them, are in the loft.

I have literally *just*, as I was looking at that area of the screen, had what looks like 5 pixels die in a clump. >.>

I was thinking about buying two more of these..

Soldato
lawl I am the skinniest freak you'd ever see. If I punched it I'd probably break my fist.

I was on msn and was looking at that part of the screen.. pow.. they went black. I can't tell how many pixels it is, no magnifying glass. Looks to be 3-7.

Soldato
ocuk sell some antec cleaning stuff with microfibre cloth... this works very well

i too am anal about having a clean screen... other stuff leaves streaks, the antec stuff doesnt

+1.

This stuff is the business.

On a side note, it's also good for getting flies with. I just sprayed some on the window when a massive fly was sitting there. It did a 'runner' out the window and is now probably burning on the floor somewhere (hopefully).

This fly was tormenting me for about 2 hours... :(

Associate
After seeing hugely positive reviews for this, I bought one last week and I'm impressed. Colours look superb and I can't wait to get some 3D Vision glasses to try it out properly.

Soldato
The benefits of graphics card overkill... I average 130-150FPS with 4xAA, FXAA injector & 8x transparency SSAA... it looks glorious :D

And I think it's giving me a noticeable edge.

Before on the U2711... I would usually be in the top 5 of my team with a ~1.4KDR

Now my play style has barely changed, but KDR is usually sitting 1.8-2.2 with me almost always getting an MVP award at the end :D

The only real playstyle improvement is - I've managed to get used to the AEK971 recoil (that's the best gun in the game, IMO).

Maybe you just got better by playing more not from the monitor?

Permabanned
It sounds like a good counter strike monitor but is it worth it over a 30" though 24 just seems too small now spesh 16:9? Its not like I play cs every night like I used to.

It depends on your computer usage... More desktop work, go bigger screen... More gaming go 120hz

That's about the best way to pick.

I do use mine for work a lot, the move to only 1080 pixels tall took a day or two to get used to... But it's not that bad really. I don't regret it for the gaming improvements

Back
Top Bottom