BeQuiet Straight Power 11 Gold 80Plus 750W are DEAD

Soldato
I am so shocked & pretty upsets to see my AMD Ryzen 7 3700X didn't power up or boot up with no warning at all. Brought this power supply from overclockers on the 15th of March 2021. Can't believe the power supply has gone dead after five months.

I did try spare power supply cable (no power up or boot up)
I did try spare power switch button (no power up or boot up)
I did try spare power supply (BeQuiet System Power 9 Bronze 80Plus 600W) - BINGO it power up and boot up!

I did try dead power supply on my old Intel Sandybridge and still same no power up or boot up.

Is it best to contact BeQuiet to RMA it or better off with contact Overclockers to RMA it?

Soldato
OP
The PSU has return to bequiet from overclockers for repaired or replaced via RMA. But honestly I hate repaired because it might caused more problems later. Why can't overclockers sent me a new one replacement under warranty? Not happy at all.

Soldato
OP
overclockers say on email: If the manufacturer is unable to return the items within 28 days or if the item cannot be repaired or replaced, we will give you the option of a refund. Depending on the age of the items, the refund may include a deduction for the length of time you have used them (known as rescission)

But I can't find T&C's stated deduction for the length of time (how many per cent deduction for five months on PSU?) if there isn't clear on T&C's what chance do I have in small claim cost in court! Really fuming if I lose half of amount cost if the PSU is only 5 months old from BeQuiet with 5 years warranty - why should I lose the PSU cost with no fault of mine?

Anyway still waiting for PSU as heard nothing yet. I am now in day 15 for RMA repaired by BeQuiet.

Associate
overclockers say on email: If the manufacturer is unable to return the items within 28 days or if the item cannot be repaired or replaced, we will give you the option of a refund. Depending on the age of the items, the refund may include a deduction for the length of time you have used them (known as rescission)

But I can't find T&C's stated deduction for the length of time (how many per cent deduction for five months on PSU?) if there isn't clear on T&C's what chance do I have in small claim cost in court! Really fuming if I lose half of amount cost if the PSU is only 5 months old from BeQuiet with 5 years warranty - why should I lose the PSU cost with no fault of mine?

Anyway still waiting for PSU as heard nothing yet. I am now in day 15 for RMA repaired by BeQuiet.

There can be no deduction for use if you've had the product for less than 6 months.

Associate
May I ask how can I find out? Is there any link stated this?

It's part of the Consumer Rights Act - if the retailer is unable to rectify a fault found in the first six months (either through repair or replacement), they must give a full refund if you reject the goods. Only exception is cars, where a deduction for usage is allowed (unless the government has slipped out an SI listing some other goods).

Subsections 8,9 and 10 here: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2015/15/section/24/enacted?view=plain

Back
Top Bottom