Berlin Oktoberfest

Soldato
Looking at going to Berlin for the Oktoberfest, I know the main one is actually in Munich but we want to go to Berlin and seeing as they hold one also we might as well go.

Just wondering if anyone has ever been to Berlin or their Oktoberfest (which I understand is held in Spandau), and if so where do they recommend staying.

Oh and what's transport like? Would it be easy/cheap to go from the centre of Berlin out to the suburbs of Spandau for example.

Associate
I have been to Berlin a couple of times, although never for their celebration of Oktoberfest.
Both times I stayed at the Fjord Hotel, which is a resonably priced place, fairly modern and simple. It is in Bissingzeile, which is easy walking distance to the Tiergarten, Pottsdamerplatz, Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag etc.
Spandau is about 11KM to the east (The other side of Tegal Airport). This should be easy to get to on the tube/rail system, which I seem to remember as being clean, cheap and rather predictably punctual and efficent.

Berlin is a great place and full of really interesting stuff, go there, I am sure you will enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom