Bes t place to sell s/h camera and lens

Soldato
I guess the trading session in photography forums would be best, but that would require a built-up reputation. Alternatively, at eBay to avoid fees for unsuccessful sales or offline sales, "bid with reserve" probably attracts more attention than "high buyout price with offer".

I'm too lazy so I just dump things to MPB Photographic - this is because after the transaction fees cut by eBay, I usually only get that much.

Caporegime
mpb. They offer decent prices on gear and payout really quickly. I sold my olympus em5 mark ii to them for £390. I could have got on a good day £430 max for it on Ebay (and then less fees so probably less than £390) and had been offered only £360 part ex for it from Park cameras.

Caporegime
MPB, just sold 3 lenses to them last week.

I can't be doing with eBay anymore it's too risky.

I sold two 5D3 and a 5D2 to MBP as well.

And a couple lenses to my local store, is it the best price? probably not but enough for what I think the lens is worth and that's the most important thing. The best thing is knowing I will get paid and not ripped off and the buying won't come back with silly things when it is perfectly described.

Soldato
OP
I sold two 5D3 and a 5D2 to MBP as well.

And a couple lenses to my local store, is it the best price? probably not but enough for what I think the lens is worth and that's the most important thing. The best thing is knowing I will get paid and not ripped off and the buying won't come back with silly things when it is perfectly described.
Did you get a 5d4 then?

Caporegime
Just came across MPB..

they offered me more than i got for a camera i sold online..

wish i found them sooner

I sold my 5D3 for £750 to them, 150k shutter count. On TP today there is one on sale for £900, 50k shutter count. They even picked up my cameras for me, no postage, instant Bank Transfer within a couple of hours of you accepting/agreeing their offer.

They offer fair price.

Soldato
I've tried to use MPB but never found their prices too great. However, perhaps my estimate of the value of the items was a little more than realistic.
For hassle free, they are good. Compared to the same transaction on WEX recently for which I quoted, MPB were better

Also Facebook has a lot of photography trading groups in my region. The bonus of these are that you can trade face to face if you wish.
Talk photography forums has a good trading system and community in place but the prices on there are quite aggressive as everyone is after a bargain and will haggle you down I think citing ebay prices, then deducting fees etc.
however, if you use paypal gift or BT then you are going on trust, without ebay's buyer protection.

Caporegime
Perhaps MPB have improved as I have found their prices to be at least as good as Ebay (minus fees) and quite often better and they beat every part ex quote I got from the main camera shops this last year.

Safe secure hassle free trade and free postage. You cant go wrong unless selling locally and cash in hand.

Associate
Got paid £420 yesterday by MPB for 3 lenses, I looked how much they were selling them for after and it came to £570 so I think £420 isn't bad for a hassle free sale.

Caporegime
Got paid £420 yesterday by MPB for 3 lenses, I looked how much they were selling them for after and it came to £570 so I think £420 isn't bad for a hassle free sale.

You got to take into account that if you sell on Ebay and Paypal there are fees.

If you sell on forums people expect postage included, and RMSD at that.

And then there are risks of being scammed. You can get more selling it privately but for a speedy, guaranteed and safe transaction, i think it's great too.

Back
Top Bottom