Best 16/10mm clear soft tubing?

Associate
Not sure what you mean :D

4wWArwj.jpg

I did something similar but it hides around the gaskets and O-rings, or in places where flow can be obstructed!

The amount I found left hiding in the loop even after flushing it like that was surprising! Though if it is never disturbed it perhaps won't be an issue.

Soldato
A pro for clear tubing is when draining you can encourage bubbles out/see where they are.

I like clear as makes my water cooled PC look all watery lol

Otherwise would go ZMT.

Hardline looks coolest but with soft tubing I've been able to chop and change my PC for nearly a decade very easily. Initial investment cost high now it's pretty much CPU block every 5 years and a GP block every 18-24mnths

And all go cloudy. I think its the glycol in most of the coolants. I reckon pure distilled water would actually be ok. The algae thing got overhyped, I have a fish tank and every few weeks need to clear it of algae, but that's got fish crapping in there and light that the algae can grow by!

Associate
OP
What case are you building in, and what graphics card and processor will you be cooling? I'm using the same Barrow pump/res/block combo so I'll be pleased to see another for comparisons - I love mine!

All the bits in the sig.

Put it together yesterday. I should have measured things as the routing I had in my head didn't really work due to how close everything was... So at the moment the fittings (double stacked 45 degree rotating fittings for example!) and routing aren't the most efficient possible. Still, its all working and temps are good! Went for Mayhems 16/10 in the end.

The Bykski waterblock is very nice. Machining of the heatsink part is visually good, the cuts on the acrylic are clean, the G1/4 taps are clean. Overall, very nice quality. The instructions were non existant though, and the fasteners were not labelled. I worked it out but it was a bit trial and error. Unfortunately the very nice Sapphire backplate doesn't fit with the waterblock.

The pump mounting system isn't the best but it is functional. As expected filling and bleeding was tedious due to the reservoir being so small. I've got most of the air out not but it needs a bit more bleeding as I can hear some air moving around if I run the pump at full speed. At ~2500RPM its very quiet though.

Anyway, pictures:

0z41jRw.jpg

DJtpySk.jpg

ltSj3CV.jpg

IuD18mr.jpg

Back
Top Bottom