1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best £2000 gamning laptop (has to be quiet)

Discussion in 'Laptops & Tablets' started by delpy8, Aug 12, 2017.

1. delpy8

Mobster

Hi Guys

As above any recommendations, has to be 15 or 17" 1070 or 1060, 7th gen CPU, Ips if possible.

Ive read up but and I think my only option is an MSI laptop but would like some input.

Cheers

2. MOOGLEYS

Capodecina

Have a look at the HP Omen 17 range. Good cooling, 120Hz IPS G-Sync screen and fairly quiet....

3. delpy8

Mobster

Thanks will have a look

4. MiSJAH

Hitman

Anything but MSI. MSI mis-sold their premium gaming laptops, and lied in their solution. There is a class action case being brought against them in the USA at present in regards to this.

I have an AORUS X5V6 and it's now under 2 grand - https://www.overclockers.co.uk/aoru...l-core-i7-6820hk-gaming-laptop-lt-029-au.html

If you look at my sig I have reviewed the X5 and also there is a link to the thread here (on the OcUK forums) about how MSI screwed their customers.

5. delpy8

Mobster

Thanks so much for the heads up I will have a look at Gigabyte :)

6. Tefal

Capo Crimine

this doesn't really affect anything now though does it?

why screw yourself out of a deal because msi took a gamble on mxm gfx?

7. MiSJAH

Hitman

This isn't about MXM. But trusting your hard earned money to a company that lies to it's customers (Nvidia didn't change the shape of MXM cards, they only provide the GPU) and then give preferential treatment to some is not to be trusted. The gaming notebook market has enough competition to find an alternative easily.

8. Teknobry

Wise Guy

a gaming laptop will be noisy when under load. if it isn't then it is throttling back to keep temps down and fan speed lower.
    you will get fan noise, but its not enough to drown out the sounds of whatever game you're playing. i'm not even aware of mine anymore.