Best 32gb ram for Asus rog strix x570 e-gaming /5900x?

Associate
Greetings all!

I recently build my very first pc (still waiting on a 3080 for a normal price, using my old 980ti for now).
All was well till i decided to overclock my 2x corsair vengeance pro CMW16GX4M2D3600C18 (so 4x8gb in total) to the advertised speed of 3600mhz. Windows would not boot..

when i removed 2 sticks however, it worked! (and im still using the 2 sticks as im typing this).
I've been told that apparently the memory controller bay 1 and 3 will not go over 3200mhz? or that i should have bought the "amd optimized" sticks, and that might have worked? is this true? would it work to just use all 4 sticks and run them on 3200mhz, can i do this without finicking with the voltage and latency?

I don't mind buying more expensive ram like the g.skill F4-3200C14Q-32GTZRX or something along those lines. at the end of the day i want 32gb of very fast ram with good cl that will be stable, and i would prefer 4 ram sticks (but only because i find it aesthetically pleasing, i won't necessarily die on that hill at all cost)

could anyone help me out with some advise please?

Associate
OP
Yea, i updated it to the newest one even before i started the build. i had to do that regardless because the motherboard does not recognize the 5900x otherwise. So yea, latest bios on the mobo

Back
Top Bottom