Best 4 Door Coupe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
You sound happy enough losing a large amount of cash to depreciation on a low end 'prestige' brand. Surely you'd be better off taking a shorter term PCH lease on a better (read: higher performance vehicle) at least then if you got bored with it or realised it was pretty pants you aren't stuck with it, and you'd have lost the same amount of cash if you sought out a good deal?

You could dump £10k in to a CLA 35 AMG lease for a couple of years, or as mentioned by someone else drop that sort of cash on a Tesla Model 3 (much lower fuel bills), both offer a much better performance, and put you in the driving seat with regards moving forwards if you get tired of them or your requirements change. After all a lot can happen in 2-3 years, heck 3 years is 1/7th of your current time spent on this planet.

Either way, it is pointless getting annoyed with people 'advising' you about the way you chose to spend your wealth/income on a vehicle as many before you have become much wiser, and are merely trying to share their wisdom that was sometimes learned in a difficult way.

What ever you end up with, hopefully you'll enjoy it but don't forget once you've got it you'll always be looking ahead to what is next. :)

Soldato
Remap on a S85 M5 V10 engine takes them to 536hp.
According to wiki the standard is 500hp, 7% isn't a lot but then again for an NA engine probably about right. Turbos its easy, just turn the boost up (i assume thats what jb4 and others do). I mention JB4 as i read (on here) that somebody fitted one to his 330 (or 335, can't quite remember which) and it takes it up from 320ish to 400ish so almost 25%.

Caporegime
Yes. My point was to Nasher who was specifically talking about the M5 V10 and said remaps aren’t VFM.

Primary decats and remap 560hp. (Keeping secondary)

Not too different to the M3 V8 engine in terms of response to remap and /or primary decats.

Soldato
Yes. My point was to Nasher who was specifically talking about the M5 V10 and said remaps aren’t VFM.

Primary decats and remap 560hp. (Keeping secondary)

Not too different to the M3 V8 engine in terms of response to remap and /or primary decats.

I was talking about NA in general. You dont get a lot of power for your money by tuning NA engines :(

I dunno who replied earlier. Must be some annoying **** because they are on ignore :D

Caporegime
Conservative factory tunes to allow for huge variation in temperatures and fuel qualities.

This isn’t really a conservative one size fits all engine which what makes strange they didn’t push it a bit harder. But then of course durability is a big factor to OEM engineers.
Vanos timing gives more control and things to play with versus other engines. The odd thing is that these have active spark management so can detect octane and you’d think they’d push themselves a little harder.

Temperature isn’t an issue there are plenty of sensors for that.

The S2000 was an engine that never really gave peak power gains on paper from a remap, but one(especially combined with decat) gave huge midrange gains. Pretty rare engine from stock though as even throttle bodies didn’t do a huge amount to peak power because it already flowed so well.

A

Caporegime
i have the money for insurance i just dont believe 4k on insurance is something ill ever get back

Guess what. At your age. Decent car = expensive insurance.

So either buy a crap car. or pay the large premium.

You can't get both at your age. Simple as this. So make a decision do you want a decent car with expensive insurance or do you want a tiny engined premium car?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom