best 800 plus watt psu for £150-£200

Associate
hi im in the middle of of uprading my pc and only need to get a cpu and psu which i will be ordering tomorrow,but im stuck on which psu to get,im wanting a full modular 800+ but would prefer closer to 1000w if possible for between £150-£200 i can go a bit higher in price for a better psu

what would you guys go for

cheers

Man of Honour
Both are excellent psu's but the EVGA is massively overpriced. It offers nothing extra over the Seasonic yet costs £70 more. Both are fully modular, both are gold rated, both have a 10 year warranty. The only slight difference is that the EVGA has 1000w on it's single 12v rail while the Seasonic has 996w on it's single 12v rail. The difference is so small it's not worth thinking about. I would get the Seasonic.

You could spend slightly less on the also very good Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000w which is Seasonic built and has a 12 year warranty.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £160.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)​

Do you really need such a high capacity psu though? What is the spec of your pc?

Associate
Both are excellent psu's but the EVGA is massively overpriced. It offers nothing extra over the Seasonic yet costs £70 more. Both are fully modular, both are gold rated, both have a 10 year warranty. The only slight difference is that the EVGA has 1000w on it's single 12v rail while the Seasonic has 996w on it's single 12v rail. The difference is so small it's not worth thinking about. I would get the Seasonic.

You could spend slightly less on the also very good Phanteks Revolt Pro 1000w which is Seasonic built and has a 12 year warranty.

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £160.49 (includes shipping: £10.50)

Do you really need such a high capacity psu though? What is the spec of your pc?
The EVGA can be found around for £130.

Soldato
What parts are you going to have?
Unless having multiple high end graphics card or going for extreme overclocking that size is oversized.
Well... I guess Intel's 16 core might need that...

Soldato
9900K can draw 200W when fully loaded, but games don't do that.
And who knows when HyperThreading will get disabled by patches to plug at least some vulnerabilities..

Vega 64 is 300 watts at stock extremely inefficient settings.
Undervolting could actually improve performance because of clocks staying more stable
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...king-undervolting-information-guide.18793012/

Definitely no reason to get over 850W PSU.

Back
Top Bottom