Best Albums of 2018?

Don
Here's mine:-

Simian Mobile Disco - Murmurations
Absolutely superb, their last couple of albums haven't been too brilliant. But this is great from start to finish and totally different to what they've done before.

Roosevelt - Young Romance
Perhaps not as good as his debut, but still a good listen.

Jungle - For Ever
I love Jungle, again their 2nd album isn't as good as their first, but still enough here to make my list.

CHVRCHES - Love Is Dead
More of the same, so nothing wrong with that!

And last up,

Snow Patrol - Wildness
Been a long wait for this, but 20 years since their debut their quality hasn't dropped at all.

So that's mine, what's yours?

Permabanned
Can't deny that I love your suggestions.

Simian MD especially.

I'm so out of touch that tracks from years ago are still "current" to me.

I recently slagged my mate into the gutter at a BBQ becasue he played ChVrches, LOL. Taylor Swift I kept telling him.

But only recently I heard this....

If this is 2018 it gets my vote.

Don
OP
I recently slagged my mate into the gutter at a BBQ becasue he played ChVrches, LOL. Taylor Swift I kept telling him.
CHVRCHES are great, if you like that then you would probably like any of their albums.

Christine and The Queens had a great debut album.
Yep, but what did you think of their follow up this year? Not had a chance to properly listen to it yet so can't comment on it.

Caporegime
Chvrches are great. Other stuff I've enjoyed this year:

IAMX - Alive In New Light

A Perfect Circle - Eat The Elephant (Bit of a slow burner and quite different to their older stuff)

Rabbit Junk - Rabbit Junk Will Die: Meditations on Mortality (Probably not to everyone's tastes)

The Glitch Mob - See Without Eyes

Zeal & Ardor - Stranger Fruit (probably my favourite artist I discovered this year)

ohGr - TrickS (another good album from the former Skinny Puppy frontman)

Zola Jesus - Okovi Additions ( a b-sides album, but considering how great the album was...)

The Black Queen - Infinite Games (Take members of The Dillinger Escape Plan, Nine Inch Nails and Telefon Tel Aviv and they make a fantastic synthwave album)

Justice Woman Worldwide (A remix album but soooooo gooood. The closest thing to Daft Punk's Alive album around)

Associate
I am a music fanatic, yet buy so few new albums that it's difficult to call a 'best of'. That said, here are a few have pricked the ears in a slow year:

Larkin Poe - album: Venom & Faith
No surprise for readers of the 'now playing' thread as they feature in my lists regularly. Legit sister double-act, one of my favourite artists in many years. Venom & Faith is more stripped back in places than previous, but has been on heavy rotation since its release last month.

Eric Steckel - album: Polyphonic Prayer
A solid blues album with a couple of killer tracks, including this pounding beat. Reminds me of Jeff Healey.

Judas Priest - album: Firepower
I haven't yet listened to this album enough to fit it into JP's pantheon of albums, but it has some good material. This one hit me straight away.

Starcrawler - album: Starcrawler
I have time for Starcrawler, a little different. Not one of their better vids though.

Soldato
no rap/hip hop albums?

Chester P - Post Apocalyptic Teller
Cypress Hill - Elephants on Acid (surprisingly decent)
Fliptrix - Inexhale
Black Thought (The Roots) - Streams of Thought Vol 2
Lyrics Born - Quite a Life

Some non-hip hop I've been spinning:

Heaven and Earth - Kamasi Washington
The Midnight Hour - Self Titled
Mogwai - KIN
Gorod - Aethra
Zeal & Ardour - Stranger Fruit
GoGo Penguin - A Humdrum Star
She Drew the Gun - Revolution of Mind
Colter Wall - Songs of the Plains