Best bluetooth in ear head phones?

Soldato
As title, lost my £20 ones today so may as well get something good - I have an LG V20 mobile phone which has an INCREDIBLE 32bit quad dac, but obviously only works with wired head phones.............I doubt it but............anyway of using this with a blue tooth set?

Does anything exist that would sit in the phones head phone port and send a wireless signal to the ears maintaining quality ?

If not whats the best set for the money ? (dont want to spend silly amounts, but ill invest if worth it)

In ear only please.

Associate
You won't be able to use the high quality DAC via Bluetooth.

If you already have some good wired headphones you could buy a bluetooth headphone receiver / adapter that supports aptX so you can make them wireless.

I've just picked up a HTC BH S600 bluetooth headphone adapter really cheap from eBay to use with my Moto Z (no headphone socket) and HD 25 headphones.

Both the s600 adapter and Moto Z support aptX so sound quality is good.

Last edited:
Soldato
Bluetooth headphones have their own DAC (as Bluetooth is digital). There's no way to utilise the phone's INCREDIBLE 32bit quad dac with bluetooth headphones.

Only way to get decent sound quality over bluetooth is to get a decent set of headphones with aptX and ensure that you're using the best quality/highest bitrate music. Check reviews, there's plenty of good ones out there but a lot are suited to different music styles and tastes; for example, I have a pair of Harman Kardon Soho Wireless that are great for most pop/rock/acoustic styles of music, with plenty of clarity, but a 'basshead' typical beats buyer would hate them as they don't over emphasise bass. Headfi is a good website to check for opinions on headphones as well.

Man of Honour
I've picked up a set of Nuforce BE6i, battery life is pretty damn good for the size, averaging about 7 and a half hours. Sound quality is surprisingly good for bluetooth IEM's. I normally use Shure Se535s and I was very pleasantly surprised, no where near as good tbh, but still very usable. They support aptX which is useful. Charge time is slow, a couple of hours for a full charge but could be worse. The remote is pretty nasty though. Could have done with better buttons, they are a bit squishy and just feel cheap. The proper Comply foam earbuds are fantastic, but I kinda knew they would be. Been using them with all sorts of IEM's for years.

Also, currently under £60 from various places. I picked up a damaged box version from an online store with a voucher for sub £40 and would have been happy paying £60 for them, so about 1/6th the price of the current Shure SE535's.

Back
Top Bottom