1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Case £90 budget. Needs to fit 2080, X62 Kraken etc..

Discussion in 'Case Central' started by flyinmunky, Sep 14, 2018 at 1:22 AM.

1. flyinmunky

Gangster

What case would you guys recommend for £90 or under?

Just needs to fit something the length of a RTX 2080 and a 280mm AIO (kraken X62 for example) or Noc D15 if i dont go AIO.

Wont be overclocking just gaming, streaming etc

Id actually prefer it not to have RGB and i dont require a side window. I care more about best cooling / features for money and to lesser extent noise.

Have bought RAM, already have PSU. Going to buy SSD and CASE this week, then 9700k/mobo/gpu when they drop.

2. Distracted

Gangster

Fractal design meshify c.

Define c if you absolutely have to have no window, but you sacrifice the front airflow a bit.

The meshify will have better airflow obviously due to the style of the front intake. Both the cases have no rgb, define c can be windowless and meshify can have a dark tint or clear window. Dark would probably suit you if you are thinking of cases without windows since the tint would obscure anything not lit up and i'm guessing you'll be turning off any rgb on components.

There have been good deals on both in the past, right now both are listed under £90 @ overclockers. May be cheaper elsewhere, i didnt check. I know they've been as low as 60-70.

I think the meshify is a solid option.

There are other cheaper cases for sure, but the meshify would be my pick for build quality, airflow and the space inside for cooling / components vs its overall footprint.

If you need larger theres also the define s which like the define c can be ordered without a window. Though imo the define s has a lot of wasted internal space. It is also under £90.

3. Zhuni

Hitman

Meshify c. Stunning case. Lovely form factor and great cooling!

4. flyinmunky

Gangster

phanteks enthoo pro m is other i have considered as seems good value

5. NMBlack

Gangster

You can't go wrong with Phanteks. They are lovely cases to work with.

6. Unseul

Gangster

Meshify will need new front intake fans to overcome theresistance from the mesh/filter.

I got two of the phanteks 140mm mp fans. Twofor about £17 in the bundle. Dropped my internal temps by 10c and much nicer sound profile (quieter too).

Would assume the define would need the same.