Best chair for taller gamer

Associate
Hi

I'm looking to get a new gaming chair. And one thing I don't like about many chairs I sit in day to day is they are built for smaller frames.

I'm quite lean, 6 foot 3 (long legs) and I'm looking for a chair which I can raise up a decent amount.

I spend a fair amount of time on flight sims, with rudder pedals which also adds to the problem.

Budget isn't the issue here, I'll buy what is best for the taller man, and provides comfortable support for back and my neck. I'm not looking for an overly rigid chair, just nice comfortable and supportive for long hours at my desk.

Cheers,
Chris.

Associate
I'm 6' 5" and at my heaviest was around 150KG (down on that now, WOOO) and recently got the Secretlabs Titan 2020, which I have championed in various posts, it fits me perfectly is is still comfy even after a full day gaming session!

Soldato
Steelcase, Humanscale, Herman Miller etc. Most have multiple points of adjustment a 'gaming' chair could only dream of :p

These are professional work/office place manufacturers so have to accommodate a huge variety of body types.

6'2" myself with and with my workstation chair the ability to slide the seat is ideal for support of the upper leg.

Last edited:
Associate
mfavour Ergonomic Office Chair Mesh Chair Heavy Duty Office Chair is what I plumped for. £140 for the most comfortable chair I've ever...I'm 6'1" and its got room to spare. Lumbar support adjustable, headrest, arms adjustable for height and rake. No 5 point harness cut outs though so you can't indulge in adolescent formula one fantasies.

Soldato
Just as a follow up from my previous post.

Had the chair for a few days now, I was a bit hesitant to hit the order button as I was mindfully that it was a lot of money for a chair, but having suffered with back pain I was prepared to take the risk.

As soon as I opened the box I was impressed, the packaging and quality of everything is excellent. Straightforward to assemble.

The seat is firm, but I actually like it, it doesn't feel hard as such just firm and supportive, I've been really comfortable on it and haven't had any issues with my back.

I paid £305 for mine, and I'm really happy, time will tell but I'm confident it will last well.

Associate
What's the difference between the Hero limited edition at £269 currently vs the Black one at £309, just the colour?

Thanks,
Chris

They have slight fabric differences in the seat and back middle that you can see zooming in on the product images, the all black one also comes with 2 cushions which the ltd ed doesn't, though I have the all leather version that also comes with them and I only use the head cushion, so you could always get a cheap cushion and the cheaper ltd ed Hero and still be cheaper overall. Not many use the lumbar cushion on a Hero so you might not miss it.

Back
Top Bottom