Best choice for 420mm top radiator

Associate
Hi guys.

I'm building a new PC and want to use the Liquid Freezer 420 (https://www.arctic.ac/en/Liquid-Freezer-II-420/ACFRE00092A).
The problem is to find a case that can fit a 420mm radiator in the top mount. I liked the be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 but it sells for 200 euros and 260 for the glass version.
I found many that can fit in the front, but I'm really aiming to put the radiator in the top.

Any recommendations for 420mm top mounted cases in a better price range ?

Cheers!

Associate
Take a look at Phanteks cases.

I run a 60mm 420 rad in the top of my Enthoo Primo with push\pull fans and that's their oldest case. Hopefully the newer cases retained this ability.

Associate
OP
Just a follow up... although the Meshify 2 can fit a 420mm radiator, the motherboard gets in the way.
My cooler is the Arctic freezer 420 and it is 2cm too thick for this case. I returned and got the Meshify 2 XL, now it fits :D

Associate
The 420mm fits into the Meshify 2 XL? This is great news! I've just go the XL and want an Arctic 420 for the top of the case (cooling a 5900x).

Associate
OP
The 420mm fits into the Meshify 2 XL? This is great news! I've just go the XL and want an Arctic 420 for the top of the case (cooling a 5900x).
It does and still has some room left :D
I'm using it with a 5950x, temperature idle ranges between 25-30ºC and on load it never got above 60ºC!

Associate
It does and still has some room left :D
...on load it never got above 60ºC!

That's even more good news. I put my recent upgrade into my old Corsair 650D case and that only just fits my gen 1 Corsair h115i. Poor old AIO is struggling to keep the 5900x cool I'm afraid. So I think I'll order the Arctic 420 right now seeing as I know now it'll fit!

Associate
Just ordered myself the ALF II 420mm and the Meshify 2 XL.
Hoping to upgrade the Mobo and the CPU at the end of the year. My only problem now will be to try and squeeze the case beside my desk.

Soldato
The up and coming Corsair 7000D Airflow seems ideal for such a AIO. Albeit more expensive than the Meshify 2 XL I do prefer its looks, especially with the front.

Soldato
Just took delivery of my Meshify 2 XL and Arctic 420 AIO (rev 4 it seems from the stamp). Too much flip flopping by me with the concerns of water cooling or not.

anyway, bought now.

Soldato
Brilliant, thanks @Vimes. That looks great! :)

Thanks, kinda changed a little recently....

IMG20210815163931.jpg

heck if I can try an AIO I can also flip a GPU :D

Soldato
From reading I expected to find a pretty big difference. But running at full GPU load I only managed to see 3c increase in GPU temps. Perhaps having the room and the fans I do might well have helped. But for me it was not an issue.

I do like the case, its build quality if good and, as you can see, it has plenty of room. I thought they were a little tight with the rubber type grommet things as they only included the two, where the Motherboard cable can be seen running through. If I wanted to remove the other blanking plates to pass cables etc through then there would not be another rubber thing to fit. That's about my only minor quibble, not really an issue but I seem to remember giving it a thought at the time.
Then again I could swap the top spare one not being used with a blanking plate if needed.

As long as you have the room for it I couldn't fault what it offers.
The only other suitable case for a 420mm rad that I was thinking about is the Corsair 7000D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom