Best courier to post Monitor with?

I spoke to a friend at work for the original poster who used to be a courier driver for several companies and he strongly recommends Deadline for monitor deliveries so it might be worth checking their website.

I used to work for a big retailer, selling TVs online we used DHL and still do, they insured them, I don't see why they wont do a monitor. But take it from me all courier companies are crap, you'll get problems and issues no matter who they are.

Ive also sent a monitor using parcelforce recently and im sure it was insured?

I did also.

I put insurance up to the value of the screen (£700), and sent it via parcelforce 48. The woman who took the order asked me what the contents were, I told her, she noted it down, and that was that. I asked her explicitly if there was any problem shipping monitors, and she said no.

Special delivery would be ideal, but the maximum weight is 10Kg, so unless the screen is very small then that's not going to be an option.

I noticed the above companies (well the few I looked at) not only exclude compensation for damage, but also exclude it for loss too.

That makes no sense to me, if they loose it, they should pay for it.

Anyway, I've just had to arrange a return of my new Asus monitor to OC and I used http://www.p4d.co.uk as while they wont cover damage, they do cover loss.

Bit of a bump..

I've just bought an old CRT of the bay, looking at arranging pick up via courier. Anyone any suggestions?

Not overly fussed on insurance as the thing only cost me 99p :p But if I can that'd be a bonus!

Am I right in thinking that if a courier won't insure, I can still book a collection anyway?

Cheers

I have used ParcelForce twice in the past 2 months to post 2 different size monitors one was a 24 Inch Dell and the other was the Dell 3415W back to Amazon. Both times they have been prefect no issues.

You can normally find a few discount codes on the web to bring the price down. There is no insurance with Pacerlforce but seems to be the same with every one else.

I needed to return an x34p and the company initially told me dpd, who did the original delivery - they wouldn't believe me when I told them it wouldn't be covered. After they did a search, they came back with tuffnells delivery service, who I've never heard of but they insist are perfectly fine.

Anyone used them before?

Sorry to bump this but I'm planning to sell a Dell U2715H soon and to prepare I was looking for couriers and found Parcelforce and DPD don't cover as it's on their prohibited list.

Back
Top Bottom