Best courier to post Monitor with?

Associate
Just posted one myself today. Parcelforce. Insured .
Items excluded from compensation for damage
Any items that by their inherent nature are particularly susceptible to damage are excluded from compensation in the event of damage on all services. This includes but is not limited to the below:

• Automotive vehicle parts and body work for example but not limited to doors, bumpers, headlights and other large body parts or panels
  • Cakes of all types
  • Cases (including suitcases and musical instrument cases) when used as external packaging
  • Ceramics or composites wholly or partially made of china and/or porcelain
  • Collectable toys and action figures, where the original packaging contributes to the item’s value
  • Computer monitors – including laptop screens, all-in-one desktops and iMacs
  • Furniture – both flat packed and ready built e.g. tables, chairs, shelves, cupboards and similar items
  • Lighting – fluorescent tubes, neon lighting, X-ray tubes, light bulbs etc. or any other inherently fragile lighting items
  • Models, for example completed kit or scratch build models, dolls houses and architectural models
  • Televisions – including CRT, LCD, LED and Plasma screens
Source: https://www.parcelforce.com/help-and-advice/sending/items-we-exclude-compensation

I hope it didn't get damaged on the way.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime
Thread was very useful, just packaged up a monitor to send and literally every company I checked excludes monitors. I've booked in https://www.ipostparcels.com since they allow up to 37" LCDs within the cover.

In case anyone checks this thread in the future I thought I'd provide an update. The monitor I sent using iPostParcels did indeed arrive damaged. I made a claim which took about 5-6 weeks to settle. The monitor was collected by DHL so they could refund me. So there we go.

Soldato
Did anyone find a definite answer to this? Because I'm going to sell my Samsung G9 Oled and I won't post it unless fully insured for damage and loss. If not then it'll be local pickup only.

Associate
I recently used shiply for a 55” monitor. It’s basically a man in a van just check reviews from previous customers and select the best one. It’s not the cheapest at £70+ though I had a helpful chap and monitor turned up perfect. Considering it didn’t have a box I was well impressed with the service.

Permabanned
I must be lucky, I have posted several monitors uninsured and have never been damaged.
I just posted a monitor in it's original box/packing with no insurance via evri (who I hate) and it got there fine. I did however pack the original box inside another box full of bubblewrap.

The icing on the cake was the buyer missed the delivery twice and yet the third time it still got there safe, and it only cost £8.20 for next day!

Last edited:
Associate
I had a Odysssy 49” posted to me through parcelforce previously. Gent just took the screen in original packaging down to the post office. It got to me fibe but if it was me posting such a screen I’d not risk it.

Back
Top Bottom