Best free drive image/restore/backup software ?

Soldato
I don't like macrium cause it doesn't do incremental backups and wanted me to mess around with XML files for scheduling. I also tried Acronis, Aomei and EaseUS utilities but all of them had one issue or another that caused me to seek alternatives.

Now I use VEEAM endpoint which was incredibly easy to setup and use. Everyday it does an incremental backup, creates full backups on Sundays and keeps my last 2 weeks worth of backups.

Soldato
I don't like macrium cause it doesn't do incremental backups and wanted me to mess around with XML files for scheduling.

If you're creating a full backup every week the difference between incremental and differential backups is marginal. I have a paid for version of Macrium that does support incremental backups and still choose to use differential.

For normal scheduling, there's no reason to go anywhere near the underlying XML files as the wizards handle everything. The only manual change I've needed to make was to add commands to the backup scripts to automatically copy the backups to a second location after they complete.

Now I use VEEAM endpoint which was incredibly easy to setup and use.

Veeam is a perfectly good solution and there's no reason not to use it.

Back
Top Bottom