Best free MySql DB backup.

Associate
Hi,

I am trying to find the best way to backup a MySQL DB on a server (free solution required).

My thoughts were to have a copy DB of the main DB which is updated by replication. On start of a script, the replication would be paused with updates being queued, the copy DB would be dumped out then the replication would be restarted allowing a catchup.

This all sounds well and good but the client wants Master to Master replication running between two servers on their main databases. There will only be two servers (no slave servers in scope).

Any suggestions ?. Not sure if I can set Master / Master replication on the main DBs and also Master Slave between the main DB and the copy DB on the same server at the same time.

Thanks
RB

Associate
OP
Thanks for the links. Will take a look to add to the ones I have already.

I was after finding the best way to backup a database after the master/master replication was in place with no downtime without having to purchase any specific software :).

As for the reasons behind the mstr/mstr replication, they are receiving geoloc data from vehicles to both servers at the same time in order to maintain HA rather than just redundancy with the geoloc feed failover.

RB

Back
Top Bottom