Best front fans for Corsair 240

Soldato
Hi all,

Recently built in this case, I have a cooler master AIO with the rad on the front acting as an intake, What are currently the best 120mm fans to use on the rad as an intake? Currently using the stock fans that came with the case.

Also, would it be worth throwing a fan or two on the bottom of the case as an intake to provide some air to my MSI GTX 980? The GPU can get quite toasty in this case, Wasn't a problem in my old Haf X when it had a big 200mm mounted on the side panel of the case, but that's the trade off I guess for going small.

Associate
The case stock fans are a bit noisy. The Corsair ML PRO series are good but bear in mind the twin packs are the standard not the pro. I actually use the pro in both pressure and flow situations and they do very well in both. They actually perform better than the pressure fans that were supplied with the aio. I have also set up exactly what you suggest which is a bottom to top flow that only switches on when the graphics card is being stressed. This helps to vent the heat from the GPU while maintaining positive pressure in the case. It works well!

Associate
ML120 Pro's get my vote. They were designed to be the preferred choice whether they are mounted as an airflow or pressure fan. ML's will probably be part of my Air240 rebuild along with an ITX board this time so I can run bottom fans like you guys.

Back
Top Bottom