Best frozen oven chips

Associate
Recently came across the Albert Bartlett Rooster chips range and found these to be the best supermarket oven cooked frozen chips imo. Usually pick them up from home bargains.

Soldato
While I don't tend to eat many chips/frozen potato goodies at home, doing them in an Air Fryer absolutely changes the game.

If you're going to get one avoid the cheap options with just a basket, get one with a paddle like the Tefals which will constantly toss said chips meaning you get a nice even cook.

The ones with just a basket blast air from the top meaning you're having to manually toss the chips every couple of minutes for an even cook.

Soldato
Sainsbury's triple cooked chips, taste the difference 900g. They cook in their own fat so I wouldn't use a baking tray too big otherwise may make a mess of the oven if the fat spreads across it. I don't eat chips often but they were very nice when I tried a bag.

'We make this chunky triple cooked chips with British Maris Piper potatoes, the classic chip variety. We blanch them first for light, fluffy centres, then fry them in crisp golden batter. Then we baste them with savoury beef dripping for exceptional crunch and flavour...'

Soldato
McCain Home Chips, straight cut or chunky depending on what they're going with

there was some steak cut chips I got ages ago that were amazing...no idea where they were from but any I've tried since are just meh in comparison

Soldato
McCain Home Chips, straight cut or chunky depending on what they're going with

there was some steak cut chips I got ages ago that were amazing...no idea where they were from but any I've tried since are just meh in comparison

This. You beat me to it. I've been buying the McCains Home Chips Crinkle Cut recently. I wasn't expecting them to be much good but they're amazing. Easily as good if not better than Aunt Bessies. Lovely crispy coating with soft and delicious potatoe inside.

Caporegime
McCain french fries the large red bag in an air fryer.

If fat chips Asda extra special the ones with animal fats, etc. Again in an air fryer.

If required spray with peanut oil in said air fryer if you don't care about healthy.

Associate
McCain Home Fries, or the Lidl Triple cooked Beef dripping ones are good.

Does anyone else find that if you put oven chips in the oven for the specified time and temp they are NEVER cooked. I sometimes have to double the time. Pizza on the other hand is normally ruined if you put it in as stated

I got an Air fryer the other week and that plus the McCain Home Fries is the best combo for me

Associate
I find that the McCain Home chips and the Harry Ramsden's Maris Piper Chip Shop Chips (they taste somewhat sweeter) are good. As for hash browns; the iceland and Lidi ones are pretty good.

Associate
McCain Home Fries, or the Lidl Triple cooked Beef dripping ones are good.

Does anyone else find that if you put oven chips in the oven for the specified time and temp they are NEVER cooked. I sometimes have to double the time. Pizza on the other hand is normally ruined if you put it in as stated

I got an Air fryer the other week and that plus the McCain Home Fries is the best combo for me

Do you preheat the oven before you put it in? I find that preheating it helps it cook it more better.

Back
Top Bottom