Best gaming headset for around £50

Associate
And that 1080 Ti was reasonably priced?
Despite of it becoming second tier product in couple years and obsolete in five years...:rolleyes:

Erm, thanks for that. I asked a genuine question about earphones and you make the effort to criticise other bits of my set up completely unrelated to this board. The tone of your post is generally arrogant and aggressive.

I'll ignore you in the future, but trolling behaviour like yours shouldn't go unchallenged.

Though I suppose I've broken the golden rule by feeding you. Now, back under your bridge!

Associate
Erm, thanks for that. I asked a genuine question about earphones and you make the effort to criticise other bits of my set up completely unrelated to this board. The tone of your post is generally arrogant and aggressive.

I'll ignore you in the future, but trolling behaviour like yours shouldn't go unchallenged.

Though I suppose I've broken the golden rule by feeding you. Now, back under your bridge!

Well said that man....I thought I was the only person who thought that about said individual....

Associate
Well said that man....I thought I was the only person who thought that about said individual....

Nope, had it in a post of mine about headsets and noticed the same regurgitated sounding off in other threads asking for advice with the cut and paste of: "To use car analogy you wouldn't trade Jaguar/Rolls-Royce to some Lada/Trabant/Wartburg, or would you?"... If he was right, his crusade might have merit, but to simply declare all headsets as garbage is pretty ignorant, misleading and unfair to those asking for genuine advice. To use a car analogy as he likes these so much, it's like a Ferrari owner declaring every other car on the planet sucks for not being a Ferrari, even if the person shopping for a car needed a pickup.

Anyway, back on topic! I picked up some SteelSeries Arctis 5's on black tag for £56 and I'm super happy with them, the directional sound (once you turn 7.1DTS on, as it's disabled by default... wtf?) is great for FPS games I play, like GTA 5 and pube-g. I went for these based off the reviews I'd read and I don't regret it, especially for the price I paid.

Associate
Nope, had it in a post of mine about headsets and noticed the same regurgitated sounding off in other threads asking for advice with the cut and paste of: "To use car analogy you wouldn't trade Jaguar/Rolls-Royce to some Lada/Trabant/Wartburg, or would you?"... If he was right, his crusade might have merit, but to simply declare all headsets as garbage is pretty ignorant, misleading and unfair to those asking for genuine advice. To use a car analogy as he likes these so much, it's like a Ferrari owner declaring every other car on the planet sucks for not being a Ferrari, even if the person shopping for a car needed a pickup.

Anyway, back on topic! I picked up some SteelSeries Arctis 5's on black tag for £56 and I'm super happy with them, the directional sound (once you turn 7.1DTS on, as it's disabled by default... wtf?) is great for FPS games I play, like GTA 5 and pube-g. I went for these based off the reviews I'd read and I don't regret it, especially for the price I paid.

Well done chap....enjoy your Chinese tat....oops I mean new headset......so a certain posted would say.....

Associate
It's funny how the good quality stuff made in China isn't talked up much. Hardly ever in fact. Whereas the supposedly inferior stuff is almost always associated with China.

Why the narrow mindedness?

Associate
Exactly.....
I doubt you'd ever say to a mate using an iPhone, "enjoy your premium and well built Chinese phone"... You'd never say that.

In fact, you should know better as to not talk down a group of poeple on such a massive scale. You are undermining the skills and workmanship of those that make high quality stuff that we all use. And let's not forget China's contributions to the world we live in today. Thanks to the Chinese, we can buy things at a fraction of what they would normally cost. But truth be told, we take things for granted and we don't think twice about slagging someone off (or an entire country even with the deepest disregard). It's narrow mindedness that doesn't allow one to see and appreciate things better. If you did, you wouldn't talk the way you do.

I'd sooner buy something made by Chinese than made by Brits!
Ouch! Lol.

We make good pasties that may interest you perhaps? The cheese and onion I ate yesterday was a fine example of our British craftsmanship. :D (Not actually taking the mick. It was bloody good. Haha!)

Last edited:
Associate
I'm half British so I can say that lol.

Yeahthe anti Chinese thing is laughable, everyone will have something manufactured in China in their house which hasn't broken. To say these headsets are all garbage is just ridiculous. Glad I decided to take a punt on the a Arctis 5, providing it lasts a few years then it's a cracking bit of kit.

Back
Top Bottom