• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Best graphics card on or around £100??

Associate
Hiya, what is considered the best bang for bucks 1080p graphics card for about £100 budget??

NB - I would need to utilise just the 6 pin cable that my existing psu has.

Caporegime
2nd hand all day every day.

You could get a 280X for £100.

edit: sorry just saw the 6 pin requirement. Can't you use an adapter? Molex -> 8 pin?

Associate
This would be what I'd pick - except it takes 2x6 pin connectors and I think the OP is saying they only have one :( so a 265 although worse value for money might be the best pick.

^+1, was what I was going to recommend then saw the single 6 pin requirement. Especially since there's a Powercolor 270 for £114.

Soldato
Interesting read, I was about to ask a similar question as a friend wants me to upgrade his PC. I'm going to upgrade the GPU and add an SSD for around £150 (the rest of the pc is fine)

Regarding two 6 pin power cables... you could always use an adapter that takes two molex inputs to make up the second one surely ?

Associate
I take it back, a 270 with a single 6 pin can be had Asus does one, it's on the rainforest for £120 or OCUK does an MSI for £130

Nice find, that 270 would get my vote too! OK, the single 6-pin may limit how far you can OC it but it'll still smash any of the other options in here. Shame OCUK don't seem to have a single 6-pin option at that price point.

Associate
I think the key was at that price point :) While the 270 is a good card, for a single 6 pin one it's introducing price creep, we're gone from around £100 to £110, to £120, to £130. If Rikky is on a tight budget even £110 might be too much.

Associate
sorry i just looked up the specs of the 270 there now didnt realise it was 2x6 pin sorry op my bad! :( then maybe the first option that was first mentioned, hopefully you get sorted ;)

Associate
Overclocks like a boss, nice and low power draw and has PhysX and stuff.

Ah ok! Not got one so I don't know how well it overclocks or the power when overclocked. But lets face it they should all overclock to an extent and they'll all use more power to do it. Never been particularly fussed about PhysX myself, granted it's a nice addition but I'd rather take the extra frames.

Horses for courses though, thanks for the elaborating! :)

Associate
an adaptor would be like 2-3 quid......at most.....so 115.99; even if you had to get the adaptor is 118.99; which is still far better than the 750Ti.....

Normally those cards come with one and if you talk with OCUK they might just throw one in for free......honesty that is best priced card out of the bunch for price and speed; that's brand new ;)

Back
Top Bottom