Best headphones for around £60?

Soldato
What models should be considered at this price?

They'll be used for listening to music and sometimes TV. Not after any in-ear models, just the big style ones, thanks.

Associate
Are there any advantages to specific soundcards for use with the Goldring DR150's - or is it not that important?
I currently have some medusa's (which sound good-ish :/ to me and i noticed very little difference between my old Creative Audigy ZS and my mobos onboard).
So yeah - would these headphones with a new soundcard offer a big-ish improvement, should i get a certain type of card for them and are they ok for gaming (regarding location of people).
Sorry to jump into your thread but it didn't seem worth starting a new one! :D

Soldato
Are there any advantages to specific soundcards for use with the Goldring DR150's - or is it not that important?
I currently have some medusa's (which sound good-ish :/ to me and i noticed very little difference between my old Creative Audigy ZS and my mobos onboard).
So yeah - would these headphones with a new soundcard offer a big-ish improvement, should i get a certain type of card for them and are they ok for gaming (regarding location of people).
Sorry to jump into your thread but it didn't seem worth starting a new one! :D

I would suggest a usb dac/amp ,theres the fiio e7 coming out around xmass or even better an ibasso new or from trade forums on head fi

edit ah yes just seen mikehunts79s suggestion as well ,

Last edited:
Soldato
Good price for the HD595s but IMO they are overpriced anyway and this offer is much more realistic. They trade blows with the DR150s, with the latter having the edge I think.

On soundcards - the DR150s have a soundstage that works very well with Dolby Headphone on a Xonar. The soundstage of the HD595s works very well with CMSS-3D on a Xonar. It's enough of a difference that I would buy the HD595s over the DR150s for use with an X-Fi.

Edit: I absolutely would not consider HD595s at close to or over £100. Better phones can be had for the money.

Back
Top Bottom