Best headset with mic for under £100

Associate
Been looking at the SteelSeries Arctis 7 and the Hyper-X Cloud 2's.

I like that there wireless

any other recommendations?

Don't mind buying second hand.

Soldato
are these better than the SteelSerires Arctis 7? As i can also get these for £100 and they are wireless.
I wouldn't expect gaming brand trinkets to even match Superluxes costing like £30-40 in sound quality.
Gaming brand stuff simply isn't made for sound quality:
It's made for printing money by selling cheapest trinkets to gullible people fooled by marketing, flashy colours and look.
Takstar made Kingston HyperXes and QPADs are one of the few actually aiming to sound quality. (QPAD QH1339 is custom coloured MMX300)

And wireless means just that after excessive gaming garbage profit margin (reason why everyone wants to sell gaming headsets) and legalized lying costs (called marketing) there's even less budget left for actual sound quality.
So good Superluxes like HD-330 would likely beat that BS hypeseries totally in almost everything.

Much advertised Siberia is pretty much beyond total garbage:
https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/60...gher-quality-testresults---frequency-response
That Turd Beach Z60 with less bad looking freguency reponse makes that above mentioned Superlux feel like headphone made by actual old qualtiy manufacturers.

Besides most wireless stuff uses proprietary batteries and are meant to be disposable, so that you'll have to buy another at latest when battery ages/wears.
So aren't even cheap in long term.

Associate
OP
I wouldn't expect gaming brand trinkets to even match Superluxes costing like £30-40 in sound quality.
Gaming brand stuff simply isn't made for sound quality:
It's made for printing money by selling cheapest trinkets to gullible people fooled by marketing, flashy colours and look.
Takstar made Kingston HyperXes and QPADs are one of the few actually aiming to sound quality. (QPAD QH1339 is custom coloured MMX300)

And wireless means just that after excessive gaming garbage profit margin (reason why everyone wants to sell gaming headsets) and legalized lying costs (called marketing) there's even less budget left for actual sound quality.
So good Superluxes like HD-330 would likely beat that BS hypeseries totally in almost everything.

Much advertised Siberia is pretty much beyond total garbage:
https://uk.hardware.info/reviews/60...gher-quality-testresults---frequency-response
That Turd Beach Z60 with less bad looking freguency reponse makes that above mentioned Superlux feel like headphone made by actual old qualtiy manufacturers.

Besides most wireless stuff uses proprietary batteries and are meant to be disposable, so that you'll have to buy another at latest when battery ages/wears.
So aren't even cheap in long term.

That's for that I feel like i have learnt a lot lol. so the question is,

HyperX Cloud 2 or Beyerdynamic MMX300 1st gen?

Soldato
Beyers. There is absolutely no contest. Sound quality and build quality.

Beyer make their own headphones, they are a headphone company. Hyper X is just a brand name.

Soldato
Cloud 2s are good (I owned them and gave them to my gf for her PC), but the MMX 300 are leagues ahead. The only downside is the lack of mic controls on the headset, but I never used them anyway really.

Back
Top Bottom