Best instant noodles?

Soldato
I watched a couple of videos of japanese dudes scoffing this down. One had 2 packs of the stuff at once, started off with an air of confidence, but started to regret it about a third of the way. He started wiping the sweat away from his eyes and forehead with his bare hands, and I was thinking, if you even get the tiniest morsel of the sauce in your eye you will be going blind. I guess the videos of those that have gone blind as a result of this haven't made it to youtube as a consequence.

Caporegime
Had some nissin Soba cups over the weekend. Classic and Yakitori chicken. They tasted great ! :D they come with a very thick sachet of soy sauce or something ? But it really does taste very good. Not very healthy mind..

Yakitori Chicken ones are amazing. Great sort of smokey flavour to them.

Don
Recently bought a few pots of naked noodle from the coop. They’re actually really good. I suggest trying a couple of pots. My favourite so far is the Singapore curry.

https://naked-noodle.com/

These are my Favourites at the minute, especially as they regularly on offer in Tesco at 60p. Decent flavour/ingredients, several different fill lines so you can make thick sauce or thin "soup".

Interestingly Aldi's own brand look to be the same (or very very close) - same ingredients and nutrition etc - but only available in 3 flavours (Chow Mein, Singapore Curry, Sweet Chili), but another good option at 67p (when Naked aren't on offer)

Soldato
These are my Favourites at the minute, especially as they regularly on offer in Tesco at 60p. Decent flavour/ingredients, several different fill lines so you can make thick sauce or thin "soup".

Interestingly Aldi's own brand look to be the same (or very very close) - same ingredients and nutrition etc - but only available in 3 flavours (Chow Mein, Singapore Curry, Sweet Chili), but another good option at 67p (when Naked aren't on offer)
Aye. The fill lines are great for making a proper thick and tasty pot :)

The kabuto ones I tried the other day are okay if you like soupy noodles. Unfortunately it doesn’t matter where you fill the water to, it always end up watery.

Soldato
Recently bought a few pots of naked noodle from the coop. They’re actually really good. I suggest trying a couple of pots. My favourite so far is the Singapore curry.

https://naked-noodle.com/

Got some of these to try the other day, I got the thai green curry one and the Singapore curry, only tried the Thai curry one, but it was nice. will get these again for sure.

Soldato
Just gave the car a wash, and nursing a slight hangover, I decided to give the 8,800 nuclear noodles a go, they are actually really nice. I was expecting them to be unpleasant to eat due to the heat, but I enjoyed eating them with a nice taste. They made my nose run slightly and left my mouth/throat with a very dry hot heat, but no youtube style dramas. I'll happily finish the rest of the pack off another time :)

Soldato
Nissin Demae Ramen. The end. :)

A few flavours are just nice, some like Sesame are very good.

while this is true I get the feeling the salt content is a bit much and I’d like some veggie options, will be trying a few from this thread to see if my current Nissin demae + boiled eggs + spring onions + sriracha can be bettered!

Associate
The Nissin ones are tasty, but use palm oil as with most instant noods =[

I like the Kabuto ones though, and according to ingredients no palm oil used in production. Whilst i'm not an eco warrior, I do try and avoid things like that! I

guess that's what makes them so delicious though!

Soldato
Just ordered the Samyang instant noodle assortment pack. (Pack of 10 assorted) :D looking forward to trying them.

edit - tried the black packet today ! I think that’s about as hot as I want to go. They were great! Not as hot as I thought they’d be. But pleasant. I think the red packet is even hotter ?

Last edited:
Associate
I like the Nissin noodles.
I recently tried a pack of Nongshim Kimchi Ramyun Noodle Soup which I thought was quite tasty, but the day after eating them I had an email to say they were recalled because they contain dangerous chemicals and not to eat them, lol
I've googled it and its due to unauthorised pesticide: Ethylene Oxide
Apparently this is quite common with batches of noodles originating from outside the EU

Associate
I like the Nissin noodles.
I recently tried a pack of Nongshim Kimchi Ramyun Noodle Soup which I thought was quite tasty, but the day after eating them I had an email to say they were recalled because they contain dangerous chemicals and not to eat them, lol
I've googled it and its due to unauthorised pesticide: Ethylene Oxide
Apparently this is quite common with batches of noodles originating from outside the EU

Ah i wondered what it was that caused the refunds.I have ordered loads of them from amazon over the past year or so and have about 8 refunds coming through.I have already ate them all tho so a bit late now :cry:

Caporegime
I have grown to really like Shin Ramen, at least for their noodles. It's chewy, thick and comparable to some ramen shops. Nissin Noodles are on the thin side and more processed chew.

In terms of flavouring, it's hard to tell because I tend to add stuff to it to level it up, regardless of which one.

Back
Top Bottom