Best mate and your sister

Soldato
Why does that matter? It's his sister the mate has to care for. I've been in the situation for the past year, So I'm pretty well placed.

From my experience it will put a massive strain on the friendship and the op will more than likely have to be the bigger man and get on with it, It's one of those things. I just know I'd rather my sister be going out with someone I've know for years and trust than some of the complete knob heads she had dated in the past.

Permabanned
Why does that matter? It's his sister the mate has to care for. I've been in the situation for the past year, So I'm pretty well placed.

From my experience it will put a massive strain on the friendship and the op will more than likely have to be the bigger man and get on with it, It's one of those things. I just know I'd rather my sister be going out with someone I've know for years and trust than some of the complete knob heads she had dated in the past.

The way I see it though is if you know it could potentially mess your friendship up with a "best mate" then why bother.

Oh, and Sunderland is full of knob heads.

Soldato
Believe it or not, it's not a disaster when a mate splits from your sister. I'm still really close to my sister's ex, who also happens to be my best mate (yes, still!). They did, however, have a pretty amicable split, even with a child involved. Life goes on.

If they make each other happy, leave them to it, just make it clear to both of them that you're not going to take sides when/if it goes Pete Tong.

Last edited:
Associate
Would you describe him as a good person or as a scumbag?

You never know though I guess, they could be Monica and Chandler and live happily ever after.

No doubt it would probably strain the friendship, so does he care that little about the friendship? Or as corny as this sounds, does he actually see some long term potential in the venture?

It all goes back to that first part, is he a good guy or a serial *****?

Soldato
If your mate is a good bloke and you make it clear you would rather he didn't unless it's more than just getting his leg over then why object.

But then again I'm biased as I've been there, done that, and still married to my mates sister 12 years later.

Associate
You need to have words with your mate about the bro code.

Barney-Stinson-How-I-met-Your-Mother.png

Soldato
when i was younger, i was banging my bestmates sister on and off for mates, he was convinced we were going to the "cinema" as mates, when actually it was the premier inn.

get over it as long as he does not brag about it in the pub, and is discrete, your fine.

Caporegime
He's invited her to a wedding, I'll have to be there too . He's not even subtle about his intentions either.
I'm uncomfortable with the whole thing, can't explain it rationally as they are both essentially good people. It's partly the fact he asked her despite knowing how i feel about it (not the first time he's tried it on)

Opinions? Sure quite a few have been in similar situation. Should i just get over it...

Two people appear to be happy and one does not. The issue is yours.

Soldato
If it happened to someone else i'm sure i'd say the same thing, it's their life etc. etc. I'm just a bit ****ed he had the gall to do it despite me.

It may effect my friendship with this person if he goes through with it, that's my problem fair enough, but if it effects my friendship it effects his. On that basis it has something to do with me. Surely you can see the logic

I agree with you completely. However there's not really a great deal you can do. I guess you just have to sit back and hope it works out.

Back
Top Bottom