Best Monitor Choice

Associate
Hi guys, just wanted to ask this question on the off-chance some of you may be familiar with the monitors in question before I buy!
I currently have a 24" 1920x1080 AOC IPS monitor. A medium-budget one ive had for 5yrs or so that's served me fairly well. I'm a hobbyist photographer and videographer so I mostly use my PC (recently upgraded to a new more powerful one) to edit photographs, edit video and ocassionally I play the odd game on it. I realised that after starting to edit a lot of video this year that it would be nicer to have a bigger monitor to fit more on the screen in Adobe Premiere and would also be nicer for photo editing work!

So i decided to go for a 27" as a logical step up, as more than 27", such as 32, is physically too big for me personally space-wise. I don't need 4K in particular (not at the moment anyway) and I read your best going at least 32" for that. So I've settled on a QuadHD resolution monitor at 2560 x 1440 and narrowed it down to two affordable ones both highly recommended in the Dell range. - The Ultrasharp U2719D & the Ultrathin S2719DC .

27 Ultrathin
27 Ultrasharp

Both have virtually the same spec, the Ultrasharp physically having a few more options with rotation and height adjustment etc and the Ultrathin being a much prettier design and with slightly higher brightness and USB-C connectivity. I believe the Ultrasharp model and series is normaly the one more recommended for uses like mine, but I must admit the physical design of the Ultrathin is very seductive and it seems to have the same display spec unless I'm missing something (though it is a little more expensive)! I think it's a Sophie's Choice to be honest between which of the two to buy, but would be grateful of any opinions you guy's might have or experience using them before i decide, thanks!

Associate
I have no experience with either model, but afaik the Ultrasharp range is THE monitor you want to have for photography editing.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with either, but be warned, once you try a Dell (and use their Display Manager), you'll find it hard to even consider other brands :D

Associate
OP
I have no experience with either model, but afaik the Ultrasharp range is THE monitor you want to have for photography editing.

I honestly think you can't go wrong with either, but be warned, once you try a Dell (and use their Display Manager), you'll find it hard to even consider other brands :D

Thanks for the reply! Yes I've read as you say that the Ultrasharp i normally the normally the best choice for what I need. The dilemma is that the Ultrathin has the same spec and is a much nice physically pretty design (though that's not really important!) and also has equally good reviews - though at the moment the Ultrasharp is £100 cheaper! I think either will do and both will be a significant upgrade from my old monitor!

Hehe and yes I'd imagine it'll be hard to go to another brand of monitor afterwards, as I've heard Dell's are very good. My PC's have always been Dells, so no idea why i never got their monitors either! The one I have now is a new one, 6months ago one of their Highest spec XPS's, so only makes sense i splash out on a monitor now! ;)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Actually, having re-read up on monitors i've realised that 4K is perfectly useable on a 27" sized monitor - i'd dismissed the option before as i thought you really needed at least a 32! but of course, you can scale down the UI in windows so text etc is not too small to read!

For virtually the same price a the Dells I listed above, you can get an top rated LG 27" 4k - LG 27UL850 https://www.**********/products/27-...0-60hz-5ms-hdr-freesync-10001-350cd-m-hdmi-dp

Now I'm thinking perhaps this would be a better value choice an I'm heavily leaning towards it after looking at top youtube apprasials of it - if my PC and GFX card can safely run 4k res?!
My PC spec: Dell XPS i7 9700, 16GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2060

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom