Best motorbike dash cam?

Caporegime
There aren't really any except for budget ones.

The main problem being if you hardware something decent to a bike some chav will rip it off

Soldato
I still use my roam2 I bought 5 years ago. Cost £130 and my instinct I just flip it on every time on go for a ride. Generally it lasts a week (I commute all year round) in terms of battery and space.

I'm sure you can get better quality cameras for the same price. Just stick it to your helmet and it'll be better than hardwiring anything.

Soldato
OP
Cheers both. Asking for a friend who has a sidecar and he wants it hardwired to the ignition so it turns on when he turns the bike on.
Thought about this which is used for pushbikes:
https://chilli-tech.com/content/new-bullet-action-camera/

Asked about hardwiring it.

Besides that he's been recommended one but reviews do not rate the company if it goes wrong.

Alternatively there's a nextbase one in Halfords for £150. Anyone any experiences of that? Obviously support will be good because take it acknowledge, send it off or get a new one etc.

Last edited:
Associate
I have a Roadhawk hardwired to start and stop recording with the ignition, but looking on there website the other day it looks like they no longer make it :(

On my next bike I am looking at fitting the Innovv K2 dual camera system innov-k2-technical-specifications

I was going to get it originally but at the time they didn't have any UK/EU dealers but that has since changed so although expensive it looks like a great system.

I believe that the Nextbase Ride has now been discontinued, according to my local Halfords they, (Nextbase not Halfords), had lots of problems with them.

Soldato
I use a GoPro hero 4 session (little square one) monted in front of my mouth on my helmet.

Really good quality 1440p recording, but the battery only last about an hour and a half.

I just use it for my commute to work and back just gotta remember to charge it.

I appreciate that doesn't help the OP at all sorry, just thought I'd chip in and get +1 post lol.

Soldato
OP
I use a GoPro hero 4 session (little square one) monted in front of my mouth on my helmet.

Really good quality 1440p recording, but the battery only last about an hour and a half.

I just use it for my commute to work and back just gotta remember to charge it.

I appreciate that doesn't help the OP at all sorry, just thought I'd chip in and get +1 post lol.

Cheers for the input. Something to think about because he may be able to hardwire a fused waterproof connector in.

Soldato
My mate uses drifts and has nothing but issues with them (more so the 4k one) read up online before buying

Agreed, when the 4k works it's awesome but it's so unreliable.

Had mine since they first came out, worked fine for a couple of months then problems started.

Customer care is none existent.

However bought the latest Drift £129.99 - so far so good.

Back
Top Bottom