Best mouse?

Caporegime
Looking to replace my G502, never really got on with the shape and the weight is a bit too much. Loved my fk 1, the light weight, shape/feel but want something with lighter buttons/switches.

Wireless would be nice too but only if battery lasts at least a couple of days before needing to be recharged.....

Looking at:

g900/g903
g403 (wireless/wired)
g pro
g203

Also, sensor must be as good as the fk 1 and g502.

Soldato
Well, I really like my G403, but it's not really a replacement for a FK1, shape-wise. More like a middle ground between the EC2-A and EC1-A. And yeah, closer to a G502.

The G-Pro / g203 / g102, looks like it depends on sensor preference and price. They seem to perform the same though. Given a G203 is less than 1/2 the price, I'd probably go with that. Plus, the cable seems better (not braided).

In my opinion, it depends on the shape you prefer, but they won't be a carbon copy of the FK1. YOu want a small mouse, or a medium mouse?

If you want wireless, then you don't really have a choice, and you'll incur a weight penalty.

As for battery life, I don't think that's an issues with the current logitech line up. Nor is the latency, which is a big issue with wireless mice in general. The downside is added weight, but still very manageable. A G403 wireless would probably appeal to me. Then again, if you don't like the shape...

In Summary :

- Small mouse? G203.
- Wireless? G403 wireless.
- G502 replacement? G403 wired.

Last edited:
Associate
I am currently using a G900 - It's pretty good. The charge lasts for a good while, its ambidextral however personally, I am not sure if this a good thing. I just don't find it as as comfortable as older mice. I am currently debating to dust off my tried and tested G400 which is just soooo comfortable. In my eyes its a classic design and up there with the original Microsoft Intellimouse from the late nineties/00's.

I also own a G602 which has been a work horse. Never used the MMO buttons but it has been well and truly used and abused and lasted for eternity. The sensor is great, sitting on a couch, sitting at a glass table - No issues with tracking. Weirdly developed a problem in recent Firefox updates and opens loads of new tabs. I initially thought I had downloaded malware - discovered it was my mouse? Not sure if its on its way out, however, works fine when using other browsers.

Caporegime
OP
Thanks.

Decided not to bother in the end as just realised that none of the logitech mice had the infinite scroll wheel (except the g900), I can't imagine going back to a mouse without this now :o And the g900 looks nice but still looks to have a few quirks left.

If you are good with your hands (wink) you can change the plates in the fk1 vs switches for those of omron switches which makes them lighter. I recommend this purely cause of how much I love the shape of FK mice.

I am superb with my hands..... ;)

Might look into this as I decided to try my fk 1 again a few days ago and my god, it just feels so much more precise than the g502 but those mouse clicks..... So noticeable when spamming the frommer pistol in BF 1. I think it could just be down to the shape helping with my aim although it felt so weird going from the g502 to the fk 1, felt like half the mouse was missing when using the fk 1 :p But yeah be it the sensor, shape, weight, glide or whatever, where aim and precision was required, the fk 1 was simply better.

But then again as above, no infinite scroll wheel..... :/

Associate
I had the same issue with the FK2/ Zowie mice - picked up a g203 a couple of days ago & I'm really liking it so far, actually already had the G Pro but I prefer the thinner, non-braided cable on the 203.

V F

V F

Soldato
Thanks.

Decided not to bother in the end as just realised that none of the logitech mice had the infinite scroll wheel (except the g900), I can't imagine going back to a mouse without this now :o And the g900 looks nice but still looks to have a few quirks left.

I am superb with my hands..... ;)

Might look into this as I decided to try my fk 1 again a few days ago and my god, it just feels so much more precise than the g502 but those mouse clicks..... So noticeable when spamming the frommer pistol in BF 1. I think it could just be down to the shape helping with my aim although it felt so weird going from the g502 to the fk 1, felt like half the mouse was missing when using the fk 1 :p But yeah be it the sensor, shape, weight, glide or whatever, where aim and precision was required, the fk 1 was simply better.

But then again as above, no infinite scroll wheel..... :/

Why the obsession with the scroll wheel?

Soldato
I've just switched from an FK1 with the 24 notch wheel to the FK2 with the 16 notch wheel.

Lord above the 24 is better. I hope I can use the spare parts I have from an FK1 (that I killed trying to mod) to change it to 24.

Speaking of said dead FK1, I tried to solder omron switches onto it and completely destroyed one of the tracers responsible to the RMB. It is possible but I didn't have a good soldering iron nor enough soldering wick. Second time around I just switched the plates which does require a very small screwdriver or sharp knife to open the switches but is a lot easier. Furthermore it's very easy to damage the pads on the bottom when removing them to get access to the screws. If you do decide to go ahead and mod, make sure to get Omrons with a 10 or 20 million rating as they have correct plates inside for the mod. Unrated D2FC-F-7N have this weird dual plate design that is impossible to reassemble.

Soldato
I have just ordered the old logitech M560, mainly because its white and will go with my current setup better. Since having the MX1000 I haven't really been impressed with any other mouse, I have the MX performance at the moment and its ok but its deffo nowhere near as good as the MX1000 and not worth the £60 -£70 price tag.

It seems to me that the manufactures are more bothered with making money rather then spending a bit of time designing and manufacturing a decent mouse. Since the mx1000 mouse, mice quality has gone down hill I think?

I wish I had bought a few MX1000's and put them away.

Man of Honour
Every time I buy a new mouse I go back to my MX518.

If they could make that, same weight etc, just wireless I'd be all over it.

Associate
I have the G403 also I came from a variety of mice as I could not get on with many of them, The best mouse I personally had was the FK2, But I stuck with the G403 because of the sensor... Sometimes I feel like it's a bit bulky and I am not very precise with it, Now that Zowie is finally rolling out the 3360's in their mice I might switch back when the FK's are out, Another candidate is the DreamMachines DM3 Mini, Looks like an FK with the 3360 sensor.

Back
Top Bottom