Best movie soundtracks / tunes ?

Soldato
Just a little question here. My teacher has set us a little 'long term' homework to find our favourite movie theme tune or song within (and related to) the film.

Anyone have any suggestions?

My current favourite is most likely the intro to Apocalypse Now, but it is a little gloomy:

Soldato
every single musical part of apocalypse now. ride of the valkyries !

proper soundtrack wise then irreverisble and the shining have always been my favourites.

perfect scores that make the films so much better.

the opening track to irreversible does everything it needs too. even if you where blind you would realise something sickening and horrific is happening

Associate
From original scores it'd have to be Requiem for a Dream, a really haunting piece which fitted perfectly for the film

Soundtrack compilation wise, pretty much anything by Tarantino as he ties music to scenes so brilliantly. Also, the Pixies track at the end of Fight Club is a favourite.

Associate
The Fountain
Requiem for a Dream
Pirates of the Caribbean (song: He's a Pirate)
The Piano (song: The Heart Asks Pleasure First)

Soldato
West Side Story :p

Serious note, probably don't you forget about me from the breakfast club. Hey i love 80's brat pack lol

One of the best soundtracks around though is Reservoir dogs. Great in the movie and as a stand alone album.

Man of Honour
I like lots of composers. Hans Zimmer, Howard Shore, Craig Armstrong, Edward Shearmur etc.

I like moody emotive scores that help push the film along. A crap film can in my opinion be slightly alleviated if it has a decent score behind it.

Plunkett & Macleane and K-Pax have my two favourite scores.

Sometimes individual songs stand out, too many good examples, but Chariots of Fire by Vangelis is already mentioned.

Last edited:
Associate
The original Assault On Precinct 13 track was pretty cool - the Bomb The Bass version was also pretty neat. The Thing soundtrack was also pretty good - rather atmospheric.

Associate
Im currently listening to Hans Zimmer's soundtrack to Gladiator, my favourite tracks are 'The Battle' and 'Now We Are Free', very powerful scores and the reason I saw the film a few times in the cinema. :)

Soldato
Gone in 60 Seconds has a great soundtrack.

Also most of Hans Zimmer's work to be honest (Pirates of the Carrebean trilogy, Batman Begins/Dark Knight, The Rock, Gladiator.

Non-TV then I'd say Band of Brothers!

Great news is Hans is composing The Pacific score (new Band of Brothers).

Back
Top Bottom