Best no frills ISP

Soldato
Any recommendations for a cheap no frills ISP?

I cancelled my BT after the latest round of proce hikes - partly because I was paying for a TV package that I got barely any benefit from.

I'm between TalkTalk and Plusnet, does anyone have any other suggestions?
I've heard some horror stories about Talktalk but they seem to be alright lately. My parents have Talktalk and it seems to be ok for them.
I was also thinking of Vodafone - straight up they are the cheapest but Talktalk and Plusnet have much better cashback deals making them cheaper in the long run.

Just to add I am looking for fixed line, the 4g in my area is so so. I can get it but speeds aren't spectacular and unlimited packages are quite expensive. A simple 36mb fibre connection is all I require. No data vaults, no security, no fancy phone packages etc.

Soldato
TT had shown signs of improvement according to industry complaints logging, personally i’d go Plus.net regardless, but firstly don’t cancel, migrate. Cancelling = down time for the sake of it.

Soldato
OP
TT had shown signs of improvement according to industry complaints logging, personally i’d go Plus.net regardless, but firstly don’t cancel, migrate. Cancelling = down time for the sake of it.
Ah if only that were possible, unfortunately time got the better of me and that's exactly what happened. I got a Giffgaff SIM with 20gb data to tide me over. I'm hoping Plusnet will be set up in a couple of weeks.

Caporegime
I've been quite lucky with Vodafone at 2 properties, they're rated terribly on trust pilot but they gave me a month free for an Openreach delay on my activation date and once I sell the free go pro I get then it's costing me very little. Annoyingly BT sent me a new homeowner deal through the post 2 weeks after moving in which wasn't far off what I'll be paying but I'd get BT sport and some other benefits.

Back
Top Bottom