Best of these?

Associate
Corsair Carbide 500R
Corsair Obsidian 500D
Fractal R3
Antec P280
NZXT H2

I'm looking for cases around £90. I'd prefer they look decent and have some consideration for noise levels, like the ones above.

Are there any similar cases to the ones above I'm missing or are there the only 4 of the above criteria?

Would these cases be fine for an Ivy Bridge build with a 680 or 7970?

Thanks.

edit: Although I would really like a Corsair case, the Fractal is almost £40 cheaper. I think I am going with the R3, unless someone can suggest an alternative.

Last edited:
Associate
ye the cases will be fine for the cards. i would go for either of the corsair cases or antec. i rly like the look of the 550D, and its good build quality but 500R if u plan to watercool any time

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't you mean 550d?

You're not missing anything notable. Anyway. Throw the H2 out the window....

R3=550D>P280>H2

Personally I prefer the R3 to the 550D but that really is just personal.

500R is a different kind of case, not so silent based, more performance based, and at that point you're really looking at direct competition with the silverstone rv03, which unless you want to put a h100 in, I feel the RV03 is the better case... Air cooling great...

Based on your needs I'd go for the r3 or the 550D. Look at reviews of both, and then decide which you'd prefer.

kd

Associate
OP
Okay, a few new cases that seem appealing.

Corsair Carbide 300 £60
BitFenix Shinobi Gaming Case £50

Is the R3 worth the extra £10-20 pounds for the above?

Associate
OP
Getting hard to choose between R3 and Shinobi lol :/

R3 looks slightly better and is supposedly less quiet, not sure that's worth £20 to me.

Associate
OP
the r3 is awesome, definitely worth the extra money over the shinobi, check out my build log (click the image in sig) to see what I've done with mine ;)

I'll check it out! But I'm always wary of people advising on products they own, sometimes I reckon people try to reinforce their belief that they made a good purchase just to be happy.

Soldato
Build a computer in an R3, quietest PC I ever hea... didn't hear :D

It might be steel but it's sturdy and felt it was well made.

So yeah, definitely go for an R3. I'd trade my brothers ATCS 840 for one anyday :)

Back
Top Bottom