1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best online photo printing service?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by EdwardTeach, May 16, 2016.

1. EdwardTeach

Mobster

I have some nice photos from recent holidays silo'd away on my hard drive. I want to liberate some of them and put them in an album. Which printing service do you recommend?

2. Smeghead

Hitman

DSL Colour Labs are recommended fairly regularly for quality prints. I've used them before and they are good, you just have to make sure the colour/print settings of your photos matches the printers that they have, otherwise the colours end up wildly different. A bit of a polava.

I've also used Snapfish for cheap prints and they were good. I'm guessing the same thing applies for the colours, although I printed B&W stuff here so it wasn't as important.

3. HecFam

Mobster

4. EdwardTeach

Mobster

Thanks guys.

5. Admiral Huddy

Don

Another vote for DS ..Lustre as standard but as stated above, download and follow their colour profiling so you get an almost like for like Screen -v- Print.

http://dscolourlabs.co.uk/about/Technical_Support

If I've ordered in the morning, they come next day and the colours are spot on.

6. a1ex2001

Capodecina

I'd skip getting prints for an album and get a photo book much more modern feeling and flexible. I like cewe for everyday things like holiday books.

7. And

Hitman

Very subjective as what works for one may not suit others but I've found Photobox (on glossy) have always come out very true to the image I've supplied (as sRGB jpeg).

8. LinaCo

Associate

Probably everyone knows a good service for printing photos, of course, if you are engaged in photography for a long time. But sometimes it's interesting to hear feedback from other people!
    And I'm wondering, do you use photoshop? I just started to study this program, I really liked these freebies http://fixthephoto.com/free-photoshop-brushes

Last edited: May 13, 2018