Best Phone WITHOUT INTERNET? - just with calls, text, camera

Associate
For daughter who needs a bit of tough love to quit overusing social media, but who we need to keep in contact with.
A usable camera would help a bit as recompense.
Anything better than the Nokia 150 out there?
Thanks in advance

Soldato
Restrict data on sim vis network and put PIN/password on phone from restart so cant switch sims ? Pretty sure there are apps for parental control too...

Dont think there are phones without internet connection at all, not for the past 20 years lol... worst case scenario it's going to be WAP.

Associate
OP
Thanks for ideas. Looking for something a novice can easily do - me - and a sneaky young daughter and tekkie pals can't override. Overall I think better to get a phone that just doesn't have internet / wifi capabality. Cheers

Soldato
You're not going to find a 'dumb' phone with a decent camera unfortunately
Yep thats the problem, anything that has a camera will connect to internet.

Could install one of those parental control apps and block all apps and browsers I suppose but then again, whats stopping your kid from buying a cheap £30 handset on pay as you go and using that over wifi...

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

I didn't even know it was possible to overuse social media............................

Soldato
Kick it old school with a 6500 Slide or something, half decent camera on that with no WiFi. Somehow get the data disabled (can the network do that?)

I would've said N Series for even better camera (N82's was amazing with Xenon flash) but they have WiFi...

Soldato
Anything with color screen will have access to internet, although maybe not wifi.

Really easiest thing is just to block browsers / app shop via app and restrict data through carrier

Associate
I am thinking about not buying your daughter a smart phone then she will not be able to use the phone's internet then.

Just get a cheap bog standard mobile phone then that should do it.

Something like this is certainly what you are seeking for > http://shop.ee.co.uk/mobile-phones/pay-as-you-go/alcatel-10-16-payg/details this isnt a smart phone and only will be able to call text camera.

Soldato
I just dug out an old mobile from the back of the drawer and got them to use that. Any smart phone they just find a why around the restrictions.

Windows phone used to have fairly decent family safety blocking functionality. But they removed in some of the Wp10 releases.

Back
Top Bottom