Best place to get clean numberplates made?

mjt

mjt

Soldato
No. Real crimes are occurring, so why not go deal with those rather than going on a power trip and bothering innocent people for minor things?
If they’ve been stopped for speeding why not fine them for anything illegal on the car? Should they not be fined for bald tyres then?

It’s not like they’re being pulled over for their illegal (albeit minor) plates.

Associate
If they’ve been stopped for speeding why not fine them for anything illegal on the car? Should they not be fined for bald tyres then?

It’s not like they’re being pulled over for their illegal (albeit minor) plates.

When I've been doing speed enforcement recently, I've also been adding extra £100 fines for all plates that aren't legal. I think about 30% of the people I stop get that prize as well.

Judging by this fine specimens post wouldn't be so sure. And a bald tyre is not comparable to oddly formatted sign..

Associate

Imagine comparing a bald tyre which is a critical safety issue to a number plate that is cosmetically altered. Please do tell me what safety issues a 3D/4D Plate / Undersized number plate / show plate / altered spacing can cause. They will still be read by ANPR no problem.
You could have a plate that fully adheres to the law except its missing a " BS stamp", then being hit with a £100 fine because its technically not 'legal'. Wow, great policing.

Man of Honour
Imagine comparing a bald tyre which is a critical safety issue to a number plate that is cosmetically altered. Please do tell me what safety issues a 3D/4D Plate / Undersized number plate / show plate / altered spacing can cause. They will still be read by ANPR no problem.
You could have a plate that fully adheres to the law except its missing a " BS stamp", then being hit with a £100 fine because its technically not 'legal'. Wow, great policing.
Doesn't fully adhere to the law then does it ;)

I've run smaller clean show plates on my bike in the past so I'm not preaching from a holier than thou position but it's really simple if you know you're running a non conforming plate then don't cry if your bottom gets slapped.

It's the risk you run for a cleaner look.

Soldato
neighbour with a kia estate, which has red accents on wheels/sills seems to have plates that have a red tinge at edge of reg plate letters,
looks odd ... is that 3d/4d/illegal ? looks like chromatic abherration

Man of Honour
neighbour with a kia estate, which has red accents on wheels/sills seems to have plates that have a red tinge at edge of reg plate letters,
looks odd ... is that 3d/4d/illegal ? looks like chromatic abherration
4d I think, the raised ones like that always remind me of when kids are first let loose with sheets of acrylic and adhesive at school.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Doesn't fully adhere to the law then does it ;)

I've run smaller clean show plates on my bike in the past so I'm not preaching from a holier than thou position but it's really simple if you know you're running a non conforming plate then don't cry if your bottom gets slapped.

It's the risk you run for a cleaner look.
This 100%
I drive too fast and get sometimes get caught. Never by a police car mind, but still annoying. Do I complain that I get a fine for breaking the law? No. It’s my fault and the risk I take for being an idiot. It’s not like I’m not aware that I’m doing something illegal.

Soldato
I don’t really get the whole non-standard plate trend, most of them look a bit silly.

They are often attached to cars with people ‘who think they know better’ and they drive like that too. It’s not surprising they are ending up with fines.

I just tend to give them a fairly wide birth :p.

Soldato
So so many of those plates with the proud acrylic characters on these days, are they what they call 4d? Even completely run of the mill cars driven by older folks. Weird because I've never even seen anywhere selling them.

Soldato
I didnt have the company name on my previous car, no one actually checks. No problems at MOT.

Or enter it manually and put the manufacturer's address, then the one in a million chance that some jobsworth checks it will be valid :)

Easiest thing to give a ticket for

Soldato
3D/4D plates make you look like a total ****, that's enough reason for a £100 fine.

Associate
I need to get some for mine, as they don't have a company name on them and they white has faded on the front one. I don't want to go to an MOT and find some tester doing it by the book and fail for it (They been fine for 4 years)

The funny thing with 4D plates is if they where standard on cars, everyone would be getting "Smooth Plates" and saying how much better they look.

Back
Top Bottom