Best ram for ddr4 Ryzen 2x4gb=8gb

Associate
Whilst prices have risen on ddr4 everywhere you need to shop around as it can be picked up as it can be had for upto around 20 percent cheaper , also probably best hanging on a week to see if there's any black Friday / cyber Monday offers.

With ryzen you ideally want the fastest speed you can afford within reason ie 3000/3200 and as for volume whilst 8 gig is enough for gaming it cost you half again to go to 16 gig ie 2x4 kit cost for example £95 whilst the same ram in a 2x8 kit would be £150

Soldato
I’d wait for Black Friday and try to get a 3000/3200 kit in 16GB, Ryzen performance increases quite a lot at around that speed vs 2400 so it’s worth while.

I’d wager you can get a kit for something like £100 then, not long to wait.

Associate
I’d wait for Black Friday and try to get a 3000/3200 kit in 16GB, Ryzen performance increases quite a lot at around that speed vs 2400 so it’s worth while.

I’d wager you can get a kit for something like £100 then, not long to wait.

This might sound like a stupid q but why cant you just get 2400 and then get it to 3000mhz??

Soldato
This might sound like a stupid q but why cant you just get 2400 and then get it to 3000mhz??

The memory is sold at a lower speed for a reason, it’s the lesser bin of the chips. Whilst it’s true some of the good memory can be clocked from say 3200 to 3600 timings usually suffer. It’s extemely unlikely you will overclock 2400 to any great degree.

Look at the range of memory, they are effectively identical just different bins of silicon. Samsung B Die recommended over Hynix also by the way.

Associate
The memory is sold at a lower speed for a reason, it’s the lesser bin of the chips. Whilst it’s true some of the good memory can be clocked from say 3200 to 3600 timings usually suffer. It’s extemely unlikely you will overclock 2400 to any great degree.

Look at the range of memory, they are effectively identical just different bins of silicon. Samsung B Die recommended over Hynix also by the way.

Thank you I saw a set of g skill flare x (F4-2400C15D-16GFX) for 130 found a reddit post that said this is 8Gb Hynix + Single rank so thats probably why its cheaper i am waiting for black friday( with not much hope that the prices for ram will decrease much)thank you for your response.

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you I saw a set of g skill flare x (F4-2400C15D-16GFX) for 130 found a reddit post that said this is 8Gb Hynix + Single rank so thats probably why its cheaper i am waiting for black friday( with not much hope that the prices for ram will decrease much)thank you for your response.

Hynix will work ok on newer BIOS (make sure you update), but higher speed it’s always much more readily compatible on B Die.

Single rank is fine, 4GB and 8 will probably be single most of the time. Good luck, worst case some 3,000 Corsair cheap will still beat a set of 2,400 so don’t worry too much.

Associate
Hynix will work ok on newer BIOS (make sure you update), but higher speed it’s always much more readily compatible on B Die.

Single rank is fine, 4GB and 8 will probably be single most of the time. Good luck, worst case some 3,000 Corsair cheap will still beat a set of 2,400 so don’t worry too much.

Right ok thanks it seems that the support for the ASUS B350F RIG strix I have doesnt have much support, QVL list not updated as ive read people using ram not on the QVL and it's working. Also checked the G skill website they dont even have the mobo listed for any of their RAM. Suppose its normal as its a newish motherboard. Just hoping to get some 3k - 3.2k for about 120 - 150, I hope so. Thanks a lot for your input.

Back
Top Bottom